Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Pre-mixed juices, can I play around with flavours?

Question Pre-mixed juices, can I play around with flavours?

I have a couple of bottles of Dekang juices, 24mg nic, I find the flavours too strong, (apple, and raspberry), and a bit acidic. Is it possible to mellow these out a bit by adding some other flavour concentrates, or vg, I also want to take the nic down a bit too, to around about 12mg so not worried about diluting the nic concentration.

What flavours could I use to mellow these out a bit, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance : )
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Quom and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    If they've been steeping for awhile so you know that's how they are going to stay then my first step would be to simply cut them down with some PG/VG. Once I'd done that I'd reassess if they needed anything added to them.

In my mind you can add stuff later, but you can't really take it away.

Edit. or use the stuff linked above which looks perfect for your needs.
    Last edited by Quom; 25-09-13 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks Necro, this looks like just the thing I'm after. I'm gonna give it a try and see if it improves the acidity, and I can get it from Vaping Cobra, bonus, I have a few other things I need to order from them, so can add it to my next order.

Have you used this yourself? If you did, how did you go with it?
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

Yes spud i used it with a sweet watermelon that i made a little too strong and had that real fruity acidy edge to it,Just add 1 drop and give it a good shake then let it steep for 24hours,Rinse and repeat as needed.
    spud likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quom View Post
    If they've been steeping for awhile so you know that's how they are going to stay then my first step would be to simply cut them down with some PG/VG. Once I'd done that I'd reassess if they needed anything added to them.

In my mind you can add stuff later, but you can't really take it away.

Edit. or use the stuff linked above which looks perfect for your needs.
    Hi Quom, the Dekang juice is well steeped, and if anything they are even more acidic than when I first tried them. I'm going to try some of the MTS Vape Wizard, as well as cut them down with a bit of vg, as I want to lower the nic concentration anyway. 24mg is way to high for me. Apart from the acidity, they taste fine, so I don't want to bin them.

Quote Originally Posted by necro View Post
    Yes spud i used it with a sweet watermelon that i made a little too strong and had that real fruity acidy edge to it,Just add 1 drop and give it a good shake then let it steep for 24hours,Rinse and repeat as needed.
    Much appreciated Necro, I'll give it a go : )

Spud you can also mix your juices with other flavour types to change the characteristics. For example, mix a 24mg apple with a 0mg vanilla in equal parts and that will give you a nice apple vanilla mix in 12mg.

You can basically mix any flavours and brands together. When I first started I ended up with a couple of 18mg and 24mg Dekangs that were just too strong for me. By then I had bought more juices and some concentrates, so I would mix them with the lower mg juices, or just with PG and a dash of concentrate, and all was fine and good again.

Anything goes really, the only bad things that can happen is you mix something that is real yummy and you forget what you put in it, or you mix up a lovely batch of arse juice, and that happens to just about everybody sooner or later.
    spud likes this.

Retired Account
    Good luck spud. I'm afraid I chucked out all the dekang we ordered originally. It was just so harsh!
    I didn't even feel that in all good conscience I could give it away to someone else.
    I didn't want to put someone off vaping!

That being said, the dekang cola is the only cola MrG has ever liked.. and I have tried about 6 different concentrates to find another one.
    He recently bought another bottle of dekang cola but it's not to his taste any more.
    Still trying to create a nice cola for him.
    Gresh11 and spud like this.

Quote Originally Posted by keyboardmama View Post
    Spud you can also mix your juices with other flavour types to change the characteristics. For example, mix a 24mg apple with a 0mg vanilla in equal parts and that will give you a nice apple vanilla mix in 12mg.

You can basically mix any flavours and brands together. When I first started I ended up with a couple of 18mg and 24mg Dekangs that were just too strong for me. By then I had bought more juices and some concentrates, so I would mix them with the lower mg juices, or just with PG and a dash of concentrate, and all was fine and good again.

Anything goes really, the only bad things that can happen is you mix something that is real yummy and you forget what you put in it, or you mix up a lovely batch of arse juice, and that happens to just about everybody sooner or later.
    I did try mixing a bit of the raspberry with some vanilla custard, and that came out quite nice, but still just a tad to acidic. A bit like vaping a sour worm, my friend loves it, me not so much.

I've got a mixing diary started, a paper version as well as an electronic version, (as a computer tech I know the value of literally writing things down as opposed to shoving them in a computer file, (although I keep a lot of stuff in dropbox so I can grab it back from anywhere on any device).

I'm having so much fun with this, and as its my day off, and the weather is crap, I'm getting no flack for being on the puter or getting the mixing gear out
    Gresh11 and Pipesub like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast