Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Volumes of base vs flavour vs nic

Volumes of base vs flavour vs nic

Simple volume/maths question (not a calculator question):

Is a 24mg 100% PG nicotine flavourless base technically like 95% PG due to the volume of nicotine added, or is like 99.9% PG, or even more like 75%?

Does that matter? Is it only like 4 drops of nicotine to 396 drops of PG so effectively its 100%?

The same question for doublers, 100% VG doubler surely has a part of the total volume taken up by non-VG flavour drops, so doublers are actually say 75% VG and 25% flavour drops?

Say one ends up with 45% PG, 45% VG, 5% nic, 5% flavour, Does this ever matter when mixing?

Am I overthinking it?
    The medicated state of mind you find is overrated

You saw it all come down, now itís time to imitate it

You are overthinking it a bit mango.

The amounts of different components really add up to not much at all. As long as you are mixing according to the directions of whatever product you are using, it doesn't really matter.

Just mix, vape and enjoy dude

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    LMAO Mango, just calculate VG as VG & everything else as PG for ratio & you'll get a decent vape mate
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Filbert's vaping toolkit. Great juice calculator.

Filbert's Vaping Toolkit
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    Hi

I put a combo in Filbert's calculator and was hoping you can give me some advice.

If I order a doubler from Vapeking at 70%PG&30%VG and my nic is 36mg at 75%PG&25%VG and I want the finished product at 18mg and 70%PG&30%VG it says it can't be done and I get a negative PG.

Am I doing something wrong or am I reading it wrong?

Wayno

AVF Regular
    No, the problem is your two things (nic and doubler) are a higher PG ratio than the one you want to end up with.

You have 70/30 doubler + 75/25 nic...........it's impossible to get 70/30 from combining those two ratios.

Does that make sense?

You can solve the problem by lying to the calculator, put in that your nic is 70/30 and just do what it says. I don't think difference is worth worrying about. Then all you need to do is add your nic to your doubler in equal amount (15ml of double/15ml of nic) and you'll be fine.

AVF Regular
    If I lie to the calculator it's easy because it just says 5 ml doubler & 5ml nic

If I wanted to adjust the PG&VG should I have bought the nic as just pure PG or VG?

The shipment will not be processed until tomorrow should I change it?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    If I lie to the calculator it's easy because it just says 5 ml doubler & 5ml nic

If I wanted to adjust the PG&VG should I have bought the nic as just pure PG or VG?

The shipment will not be processed until tomorrow should I change it?
    Yeah, I would. Maybe it would be better to get 50/50?

I think the general consensus is to get 100% PG unflavoured nic, then you can add whatever VG you need. But this only really works if you have 100mg/ml nic strength.

If you get 36mg/ml and are using it to make doublers at 18mg/ml then I would order the nic at whatever PG/VG ratio you plan on vaping, and also make sure you get your doublers at that ratio as well. That way you never have to do any calculations, simply combine your nic with the doubler in equal amounts and you are set.

It gets confusing when you haven't made a firm commitment to a PG/VG ratio that suits you. If you want to experiment, and/or make up different strengths and ratios, then I would definitely get 100mg/ml in 100% PG.
    spud likes this.

Thanks all, if you couldn't tell my OCD-ness from my juice vendor lists.....all good.

Once I get through my dozens of pre-mixed samplers (I went a bit ocd-verboard), I'll start mixing. At least I've got a good idea of what I don't like from all the pre-mix samplers.

=)
    The medicated state of mind you find is overrated

You saw it all come down, now itís time to imitate it

AVF Regular
    I found by dropping the target nic to 16mg it can be done with the nic base of 75%PG & 25%VG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast