Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Steeping.. no no.. really steeping!

Super Moderator

Steeping.. no no.. really steeping!

A month or so ago, I put some green tea teabags into a bottle of PG and left it for 24 hours to steep, and bugger me, but as a vape, it tastes just like black green tea! (black as in without milk and sugar, not to be confused with black tea.... errr... you know what I mean, right?)

So in the letterbox today, someone left a sampler of Lipton specialty tea bags and since we're not really big tea drinkers, I got to thinking....... 'wonder if I could pop these into some PG and see what happens?' so I have! I'm going to leave them for 24 hours or so. I have to say the cranberry and pomegranate infused black tea smells DIVINE.. I have high hopes for this one, and this process.

Is anyone else interested in doing some experimenting with steepings and sharing the results? We probably need to try various time periods and it would be great if there were some other folks who are interested in giving this a go and reporting back with their findings
    lozza 82, Samtron, Livkat and 2 others like this.
    Anything I write on AVF is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html

Coffee bags?
    mrsgruffy likes this.

That's fascinating. I might try soaking a vanilla bean in some P.G and one in some V.G. and see what happens
    lozza 82, mrsgruffy and Livkat like this.

I tried it with fresh ground coffee beans, but it didn't work out well. Was the closest juice to a real smoke though, tasted just like burning. Strangely it was a match for a coffee concentrate that gave the same taste of burning. I suspected it probably had too many fine particles or oils in the extract.

Super Moderator
    I tried all the coffee bags when they were the "in" thing, and didn't really like the flavours.. might be worth a shot though! Haha.. get it 'shot'.. coffee.. shot.. derrr
    I think I'll get some when I next shop at Coles. Good idea, livkat. It will be interesting to see if they taste better as a vape than a drink. Definitely felt that about the green tea I made.
    Livkat likes this.
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    I tried it with fresh ground coffee beans, but it didn't work out well. Was the closest juice to a real smoke though, tasted just like burning. Strangely it was a match for a coffee concentrate that gave the same taste of burning. I suspected it probably had too many fine particles or oils in the extract.
    I think the trick will be using very coarsely ground coffee so that the particles don't end up in the liquid, OR filtering it through some super fine gauze or even coffee filter paper bags?
    The oil shouldn't be an issue. Most of the flavours we can get have some oil in them, and the oil is where the seriously concentrated flavour of pretty much anything lives.

i might try the tea thing sounds good. How many teabags and how much juice do you mix. 30ml per bag?

I love the idea ,,I wish I was a tea drinker ,,I'm still after a good coffee vape so this made the light bulb go off ,,,hmmm thanks I'm now thinking ..ouch
    Gresh11 likes this.

Super Moderator
    With the green tea, I used 5 tea bags in about 30mLs.
    With this latest experiment, I'm just using a single sample one in a 25mL bottle of PG.
    If you try it, arth_d, let us know what you used and what the flavour was like?
    I'm really keen on this as a sort of flavoured base we can then add other flavours too.. like peach tea.. or peppermint tea.. or.. well, there are lots of flavours that would potentially go well with tea.. tea and scones with jam and cream in a vape would be very Australian and very interesting
    Livkat and spud like this.

This gives me an idea ...

JWH, davee, mrsgruffy and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast