Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: r these BOTTLES ok for freezer long-term storage?

AVF Regular

r these BOTTLES ok for freezer long-term storage?

howdy folks - ive had it in the back of my mind to buy some glass bottles to store some nic liquid in the freezer as is generally recommended by everyone - i was in aldi a few days ago and saw their ginger beer bottles with screw tops and thought they might be ideal --- they are 375ml - size of a beer stubby - with screw cap which has an inner seal - dunno what the seal is made of

you can stand them upright in the freezer so whatever liquid is inside isnt gonna eat away at the cap's seal and they seem to be a nice convenient size

should i proceed with these? if so anyone know how i might sterilise them?

00DSC09766 (1) (380x254).jpg

00DSC09766 (2) (260x370).jpg

btw the ginger beer was great - anyone know of a ginger beer flavoured e juice??
    necro likes this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Would be better than plastic, even a jam jar would be better than plastic for long term storage. I doubt the seal would pose much of an issue as it wouldn't be in contact with the liquid anyway.

I use these things Wiltronics - Glass Bottles Reagent Amber Narrow Mouth have a few in 500ml, 250ml and 125ml

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Just pour boiling water into them and leave it then pour out, do this three times after a thorough rinse and it should be fine, best of luck they look sturdy.
    avtek likes this.
    Do you know de way 👺

i think i ordered a ginger beer from vapeking or juicewhore quite tasty and i have one from MT baker vapor too
    avtek likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Would be better than plastic, even a jam jar would be better than plastic for long term storage. I doubt the seal would pose much of an issue as it wouldn't be in contact with the liquid anyway.

I use these things Wiltronics - Glass Bottles Reagent Amber Narrow Mouth have a few in 500ml, 250ml and 125ml
    they look great cmb - is the idea to fill the bottle as much as possible leaving as little air inside the bottle as you can? ie if a bottle is half full then the liquid will go off faster than if the bottle was fully full?? - if you know what i mean

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by T7x View Post
    Just pour boiling water into them and leave it then pour out, do this three times after a thorough rinse and it should be fine, best of luck they look sturdy.
    wont they crack with boiling water in them tho?

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by avtek View Post
    they look great cmb - is the idea to fill the bottle as much as possible leaving as little air inside the bottle as you can? ie if a bottle is half full then the liquid will go off faster than if the bottle was fully full?? - if you know what i mean
    Yeah pretty much you'll need to leave a bit of air in there in case it expands, but I reckon as long as it is in glass and in the freezer it will be fine. I have stuff that's been in a half full bottle in the freezer for about 18 months and it is as good as the day I got it.

AVF Regular
    that's what i wanna hear cmb - onya - and do u sterilise them yerself?

CMB
    AVF Regular
    yep just boiling water and some home brew tank sterilizer and a good rinse does the trick.

AVF Regular
    "home brew tank sterilizer" as in vodka??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast