Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Think I'm gonna need some nic!

AVF Regular

Think I'm gonna need some nic!

Ok so I'm about a month and a half to two months in and I'm slipping a bit. I've pinched a few cancer sticks here and there and every time I feel guilty as hell. Anyway long story short I think I'ma get some nic to mix with my juices the only thing is I don't have a freakin clue where to start. I'm mixing my own juice but wouldn't have a clue where or what to get. I'm thinking I wanna start with a low mg like maybe 6mg. I've seen that you can get nic in a 50/50 pg/vg mix or straight pg or vg. Now I'm lost.... Any help would be great please peoples

Tapa tapa tapin
    Apparently I have to be a sheep or get punished.

AVF Regular
    If you want to keep it simple and plan on buying local doublers get 12mg nic so you just mix half and half. Personally I have 75/25 pg/vg in both 24mg and 36mg and find it works well for me because it is easy to mix with 50/50, 60/40 and even 70/30 doublers giving me 12mg or 18mg. Next order I will get 100mg with 100% PG but that's mainly to have a crack at DIY.

AVF Regular
    So far I've just been using concentrates and mixing my own pg/vg.

Tapa tapa tapin

AVF Regular
    Have you been on zero nic all this time?

AVF Regular
    Most people tend to aim for 60/40 - 70/30 but I see some go 50/50 or even 100% PG or VG. So you can just buy your nic as if it was your PG or VG. If you are mixing now I guess you know how you want your juice so buy your nic with either that mix or use it to subsitute your PG or VG. I personally like this calculator to work it out. eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Have you been on zero nic all this time?
    Sure have.

Tapa tapa tapin

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by natstar View Post
    Most people tend to aim for 60/40 - 70/30 but I see some go 50/50 or even 100% PG or VG. So you can just buy your nic as if it was your PG or VG. If you are mixing now I guess you know how you want your juice so buy your nic with either that mix or use it to subsitute your PG or VG. I personally like this calculator to work it out. eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator
    So if I buy a big bottle of 100% vg at 6mg do I just use that instead of the vg I have now?

Tapa tapa tapin

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter03 View Post
    Sure have.

Tapa tapa tapin
    Well congrats on making it this far. It can't have been easy. Having some nic in your juice will make it alot easier to stay off the ciggies.
    Shooter03 likes this.

Super Moderator
    G'Day Shooter , if you are pretty much nic free , apart from the odd stolen smoke ( which is fine btw , dont beat yourself over the head with it , its a heap better than a pack a day ) Then I would suggest going medium ( say 6-12mg) in one carto/clearo/whatever you are using , and have it off to the side to use ONLY when you feel that cigarette stealing urge coming on !
    If you have managed to be nic free ( pretty much ) for a few months , is there much point in becoming more dependent on nic by introducing it as a regular vape?

Not saying dont do it lol , but I think if your aim is to quit nicotine dependancy you are most of the way there
    Keeping a nic liquid on standby for when the urge to grab a smoke is too strong has gotta be better for you than grabbing for the stinkies , but no need to go nic based vaping if you dont want to .

Just my 2c
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    If you have 6mg VG and mix it at 30% with 70% PG then it will only be about 2mg nic. I think it might be better to buy something like 24mg if 100%VG so using it at 25% and the rest PG will give you a 75/25 mix at 6mg nic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast