Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Jen's freaky mango juice

Red face Jen's freaky mango juice

Ok Jen, I've put together a recipe that smells exactly like the mango dessert we were talking about the other day I'm going to pop it away to steep for a few days before I have a try and see if it needs any tweaking, but so far, so good.

If its any good I'll send you some, and post the recipe here for anyone else wanting to give it a go.

For anyone who didn't catch the other thread, its my take on a mango, coconut, spices, and sweet sticky rice dessert, that is very commonly sold in Asian street markets, wrapped in banana leaf.

Edit: ended up with 5 concentrates, and 2 raw ingredients to try and get the right combination, lol, its the most components I've used to make a recipe yet Talk about a layered flavour juice!
    Last edited by spud; 29-10-13 at 09:16 PM.
    Noe, GirlyPantz, Quom and 4 others like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Thanks spud

I love how you get the info from here put it together and share it with everyone, hope it's good and when you post it we can all try it.
    Quom likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yayyy! So exciting.

It just occurred to me though spud, that we might be talking about two different desserts. I know that one you mean, that you've described here and it's yum, can't wait to try it. But the one I was originally thinking of is a bit different. It looks like this:

http://www.rembrandtbkk.com/httpwwwr...ess&Itemid=155

Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    Thanks spud

I love how you get the info from here put it together and share it with everyone, hope it's good and when you post it we can all try it.
    I'm not selling any juices so I'm not precious about my recipes. I love DIYing, as I'm too poor to buy the pre-mix juices I would really like, so as with so many things I can't afford, I have a go at doing it myself I know there are quite a few vapers that aren't flush with cash, so if it helps them to enjoy good tasting juice, then I'm happy

I love trying other recipes to, and would love more people to post theirs. I've tried a couple that Lozza 82 posted some time back now, and they were great.

Its also why I would love to see a stickied recipe thread, so that they could all be in one place.

Who knows, it might inspire others to have a go at making their own juices.
    Noe, GirlyPantz and lozza 82 like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    Yayyy! So exciting.

It just occurred to me though spud, that we might be talking about two different desserts. I know that one you mean, that you've described here and it's yum, can't wait to try it. But the one I was originally thinking of is a bit different. It looks like this:

Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok: Mango Promotions | Rembrandtbkk's Blog
    Looks exactly like the one I was thinking of Jen, just not wrapped up in a parcel like the ones at the street markets. There are a few variations depending on the country, in Malaysia they tend to use black sticky rice, other places use white rice, but it doesn't alter the taste much. Generally the ones in the street markets use whatever fruit is in season, but the basic recipe is the same

edit: probably should make it clear that the fruit is not cooked, only the rice is cooked with the coconut cream.
    GirlyPantz and JenJ like this.

AVF Regular
    Ah ok. In Thailand they are two distinct things..the dessert dish above and the sweet treats wrapped in little banana leaf parcels which are wrapped and then steamed or barbequed, depending on the type. One of my favourites was the black sticky rice with a sticky, spiced coconut meat concoction on top....gawd, my mouth is watering now!

So did you get my rumballs suggestion?? ....thinking of putting out tendors for my own personal DIY juice chef!
    spud likes this.

Looks like I'm driving to Exmouth soon......
    JenJ and spud like this.
    The medicated state of mind you find is overrated

You saw it all come down, now itís time to imitate it

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post

Edit: ended up with 5 concentrates, and 2 raw ingredients to try and get the right combination, lol, its the most components I've used to make a recipe yet Talk about a layered flavour juice!
    Raw ingredients? Did you put rice and mango directly in there or something!
    lozza 82 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    Raw ingredients? Did you put rice and mango directly in there or something!
    Lmao
    Ur a crack up Jen
    JenJ and spud like this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Yay! Go Spuddles!!!
    Good to see you used the name I came up with too
    spud and Mangopuppy like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast