Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: My first DIY :)

AVF Regular

My first DIY :)

Ok I watched some youtube video's and well I gave it a shot.
    First I went to the tobacconist and purchased 5 vanilla cigars and a pouch of Borkum riff cherry pipe tobacco that consists of 50% black Cavendish 50% Virginia combined it cost $62

I also purchased a small SS pot, a SS strainer, 5 Small glass Jars with a small snapping locking lid from K-mart and a cheap bottle of $25 vodka from aldi .

I first took a big pinch of of pipe tobacco and tossed it in the pot, then I covered it in vodka around 50mls and stirred it continuously on low heat until most of the liquid was gone around 15ml left, then I poured in some VG around 30ml and kept stirring it. once the vg was fully mixed, I strained it then sucked it up with a needle and poured it into a 50 ml bottle, then I added 9ml of 100mg nic and I had 50ml of 18mg pipe e-juice, I then shook it and vaped it, It vaped just fine but it was a bit weak on the flavour, so I poured it out of the bottle and into a jar, I then added the used pipe tobacco back to it and another pinch of fresh tobbaco. Sealed the container and away it goes for a week of steeping in the dark .

Next I did the same for cigar, but the cigar was much better in the flavour department, It didn't need steeping, It was very nice straight up. I might steep it, but really its pretty good.
    I'll let you all know how it goes
    Jeff
    Last edited by aussievapes; 02-11-13 at 08:00 PM.

AVF Regular
    jeff, do you think there was any nic extracted from the tobacco during this process?

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    jeff, do you think there was any nic extracted from the tobacco during this process?
    Well I have them both steeping in the jars now with tobacco's reintroduced, Currently I have the pipe tobacco in the jar sitting in the ultrasonic cleaner just shaking away, probably leave it for 2 hrs then I'll swap it to the cigar jar.
    To answer your question, yes a small amount of nic would of been transferred, but not a major amount. Next time I do this, I'll vape it before adding nic and see what its like. Also It is a real dark brown colour. eliquid, I figure I can make around 500ml of pipe tobacco and around 250ml of cigar. from what I purchased from the tobacconist.
    Jeff

AVF Regular
    Oh ya if you try this at home, just remember vodka is very flammable, It actually caught fire so I lifted the pot of the stove and just blew it out.
    Simple just remember not to freak out, I then placed the pot back on the stove and continued heating it
    Jeff
    Altered1 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'll be interested to see how this goes while still new to vaping, and on a very strict budget, I have yet to get some unflavored nic on order - only ready mixes. I'm not afraid to have a go and diy either.

cheers

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Here's a pic of what it looks like
    When I ordered my first nic about a month ago I order 500ml of 100mg nic and 1000ml of VG from the USA.
    It around a 2 yrs supply of heavy vaping.
    Cost around $90-100.
    pipe.jpg
    Jeff

AVF Regular
    fascinating really, would you consider tweaking by adding some sweetener/caramel, maybe it doesn't need it.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    fascinating really, would you consider tweaking by adding some sweetener/caramel, maybe it doesn't need it.
    I would say if you want a very good cigar vape, this is it, It taste just like a good cigar, even the vapor smell nice. It doesn't need anything, But the pipe tobacco does need some good steeping. I also have 5 cans of snus in the mail coming from Sweden, I purchased them to do this method also, so probably sometime next week I'll be adding more to this thread .
    Jeff

Super Moderator
    Might like to look at this thread also
    Fatman, RichoVonBlack and avtek like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

aussievapes - I'm presently selling all of my proper pipe tobacco but I have some that is not in good condition for sale. It's dry so it wouldn't make much difference to you. I'd be happy to post it to you to try. Sorry, I don't mean to be a snob but IMO BR is really not the greatest - unless you were specifically after the cherry. I've got some "Frog Morton" & "Frog Morton over the pond". Check it out on TobaccoReviews.com - The largest collection of pipe tobacco reviews on the internet for a flavour profile.
    PM me if you are interested.
    Fatman, Gresh11 and avtek like this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast