Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By maggie
  • 3 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By maggie

Thread: Concentrates .. / .. Doublers ...are they the same?

Concentrates .. / .. Doublers ...are they the same?

So far I haven't attempted any mixing myself but I have doublers and concentrates on order and already have 100mg PG nic and a bottle of VG ... do I treat concentrates same as doublers ? sorry if it seems a dumb question but don't have a clue ...
    Donna likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Not a dumb question
    Doublers are essentially dilute concentrates, designed to be mixed 50/50 with unflavored nic to make juice at the strength desired for vaping.

Concentrates can be used anywhere from 1% to 20% with PG &/or VG & unflavored nic to make juice.

If all you have is 100mg/ml PG based nic, you will need some PG &/or VG to mix with it to dilute it to 2x the strength you want to vape it at, so that when you mix it with a doubler it will be the right strength in the juice(don't dilute the entire amount at once).
    To use with concentrates in a 10ml bottle, if you want say 18mg/ml juice, you'd use 1.8ml of 100mg/ml nic, concentrate (0.2ml - 2ml depending on the concentrate used) & PG 7/or VG to fill the rest of the bottle.
    maggie, Pipesub and Donna like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

^ ditto ^
    123456789 10
    Last edited by Pipesub; 16-11-13 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Noe to the rescue!

AVF Regular
    As I understand it, doublers are a added to the same volume - i.e. 30ml PG/VG with nic or without to 30ml "doubler"

Concentrates are added at other percentages.. 5%, 10% etc depending on desired strength.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    To confuse things a little, anything that needs to be diluted for use is essentially a concentrate.

So a doubler is a concentrate that needs to be diluted in a 50% mix with something that is unflavored. It has double the flavor needed.

If your target is 18mg/ml juice, then 36mg/ml unflavored nic can be said to be a nicotine doubler(although we never do to save confusion). It has double the nicotine needed.
    maggie likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Thanks for explaining in a way that even this ol' biddy can comprehend
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    Straight away maggie download the eJuice Me Up calculator from here http://ejuice.breaktru.com/ or use filberts calculator from here http://www.ausdsl.com/vapetools.php which has provisions for doublers and concentrates.

If you have any questions on how to use them feel free to ask the members

Wayno
    Last edited by Wayno; 16-11-13 at 05:40 PM.