• 4 Post By steam bunny
  • 1 Post By steam bunny
  • 1 Post By spud
  • 2 Post By steam bunny
  • 2 Post By MissLee
  • 1 Post By steam bunny

Thread: Fresh lavender vape - a diy tincture

Fresh lavender vape - a diy tincture

Picked some fresh lavender a few days ago, it's all over my neighbourhood at the moment. I steeped it in VG in a hot water bath for two days, strained, then vaped. The result is quite a surprise, very subtle flavours yet complex. First i taste a rich grassy note, then a sweet toastiness (think toasted coconut without the coconut). Underneath that is a fresh hint of lavender, a subtle floral aroma, and it leaves my mouth feeling refreshed and cool. There's enough sweetness from VG.

A very different experience from a concentrate based mix. The liquid is a yellow green in the bottle, then darkens in the tank. Curious to see how long a shelf life it will retain.

It's a lovely vape without nic, but I'm steeping some 10mg to try. A nice morning tea vape with earl grey, scones and cream nmm nmm
    Noe, Fatman, spud and 1 others like this.
    I hold in my hand a powerful device. It can stop a smoker in one breath.

Quote Originally Posted by steam bunny View Post
    Picked some fresh lavender a few days ago, it's all over my neighbourhood at the moment. I steeped it in VG in a hot water bath for two days, strained, then vaped. The result is quite a surprise, very subtle flavours yet complex. First i taste a rich grassy note, then a sweet toastiness (think toasted coconut without the coconut). Underneath that is a fresh hint of lavender, a subtle floral aroma, and it leaves my mouth feeling refreshed and cool. There's enough sweetness from VG.

A very different experience from a concentrate based mix. The liquid is a yellow green in the bottle, then darkens in the tank. Curious to see how long a shelf life it will retain.

It's a lovely vape without nic, but I'm steeping some 10mg to try. A nice morning tea vape with earl grey, scones and cream nmm nmm
    Now that's different, I wonder if I would get something vapeable if I steeped some rose petals? or even some lime zest? mmmmmm.............
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

I was thinking about rose petals too. I also made one with fresh lemon balm but it was foul. I think citrus zests would be lovely.
    spud likes this.

I was thinking about rose petals too. I also made one with fresh lemon balm but it was foul. I think citrus zests would be lovely.
    lol, my friend made lemon balm tea and said it was bitter and nasty, but its just one of those herbs that taste nothing like their smell. Lemon Grass might be a better bet for a vape Fresh mint might also work well, I have a chocolate mint growing in the garden, wonder how that would go So many ideas now!
    steam bunny likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

and basil ... better start a list
    spud and MissLee like this.

Next time try lemon grass for the flavour. Best I've found to add a lemon flavour when steeped in teas or hot water & doesn't taste like you've added the whole garden in as well.
    steam bunny and spud like this.

I spose anything that tastes good as a tea will be a guide to what's good to vape. Just got back from an afternoon walk and I'm thinking geranium leaf, i love that as a tea, lemony slightly astringent. The true test will be in shelf life and tank crackability.
    spud likes this.

I spose anything that tastes good as a tea will be a guide to what's good to vape. Just got back from an afternoon walk and I'm thinking geranium leaf, i love that as a tea, lemony slightly astringent. The true test will be in shelf life and tank crackability.
    I use peppermint geranium, (its a pelargonium really, for those of us that are fussy about such things ) in baking and as a tea, so I'm thinking it handles heating well, so might add a nice mild peppermint flavour to a vape juice?

A bit of an update. Just revisited this steeped juice this the other day on fresh cotton wicking in an evod, and mmm still yummy! It's more of a tan colour in the bottle now, not so green tasting, but still delicious. One tank is enough though, and the wick gunks up pretty fast.

AVF Regular
    Oh I love lavender! That sounds lovely