Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree198Likes

Thread: DIY Tips For Noobs.

AVF Regular
    here's a 36 minute video i watched when i first started mixing stuff - lots of info there - it will get u thinking about which way is right for you

Can you test different juices in the same dripping atomizer? or is there flavour contamination. I'm sick of filling cartos, only to find that I don't like the flavour.

Would this one do the trick: 510 VKS Atomizer It's a bit pricey, so I'm a bit worried of how many I would need.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    If using strong concentrates like the various Super Concentrates, dont get hung up on nic strength and pg/vg ratio. Mix a base to your desired strenth, add your concentrate and top up with that. Anyone that has ever tested commercial juice will tell you it is +/- 5% in strength anyway.
    mavinry4 and Tom@JuiceFactory like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    If using strong concentrates like the various Super Concentrates, dont get hung up on nic strength and pg/vg ratio. Mix a base to your desired strenth, add your concentrate and top up with that. Anyone that has ever tested commercial juice will tell you it is +/- 5% in strength anyway.

I'm going to do this with the 110mL of HC 18mg/mL unflavoured 50PG/50VG that I never use.

I figure that in 10mL;

4.4ml 18mg/mL 50%VG (79.2mg)
    2.6mL 48mg/mL 100% PG (124.8mg)
    4mL PG

Gives me a 20.4mg/mL nicotine liquid with 22% VG. That's perfect. I'll scale this up to make a 250mL load and reserve this liquid for alcohol concentrate flavours only. I often add about 10 drops maximum of alcohol concentrates so it should work out fine.

Thanks for the idea.
    CMB, Tom@JuiceFactory and maggie like this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    I think alot of people get scared of DIY because they are worried about all the calculations, or just can't be stuffed because of them.

I mix up 100ml of 18mg 50/50 (my preferred) and buy 50x10ml bottles from china, then mix in 10ml batches with a 1ml syringe. (1% = 0.1ml etc). So add concentrate, top up with base, if good vape it, if shit, ditch it.

I think alot of people get scared of DIY because they are worried about all the calculations, or just can't be stuffed because of them.

I mix up 100ml of 18mg 50/50 (my preferred) and buy 50x10ml bottles from china, then mix in 10ml batches with a 1ml syringe. (1% = 0.1ml etc). So add concentrate, top up with base, if good vape it, if shit, ditch it.

I've measured Drops coming out of this specific dropper tips (only a few aussie vendors sell them now, most are selling these ones now for some reason). Every time I've measured them, it's always 33 drops per 1mL. So I've been accumilating these tips and sticking them on all my flavour concentrate bottles. My alcohol concentrates already have them.

I'm comfortable relying on the rule of thumb that 3 drops/10mL = ~1%.

So I'm thinking, set up a whole bunch of bottles containing 10mL of my ready to vape unflavoured eliquid, and just add alcohol concentrates straight to the bottle, and let steep.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 13-01-14 at 03:11 AM.
    maggie likes this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    I've measured Drops coming out of this specific dropper tips (only a few aussie vendors sell them now, most are selling these ones now for some reason). Every time I've measured them, it's always 33 drops per 1mL. So I've been accumilating these tips and sticking them on all my flavour concentrate bottles. My alcohol concentrates already have them.

I'm comfortable relying on the rule of thumb that 3 drops/10mL = ~1%.

So I'm thinking, set up a whole bunch of bottles containing 10mL of my ready to vape unflavoured eliquid, and just add alcohol concentrates straight to the bottle, and let steep.
    Yeah +/- 1% can be a big thing with the concentrate though, esp the super concentrates, so be as accurate as you can there. However the nic strength thing and pg/ vg ratio doesnt matter so much as long as you get it within say 10%
    mavinry4 and Tom@JuiceFactory like this.

That's exactly what I have been doing too.
    Tom@JuiceFactory and Rossco like this.

I think some Mixing Commandments are in order for newbs.

1. Thou shall not use nicotine to test flavours. Nicotine is precious.
    Do not waste too much nicotine on trial and error arse ejuices.

2. Thou shall not use expensive cartridges like cartomizers to test mixed flavours.
    Get thou self an hh.357 atty or IGO-L RDA and Learn to make a microcoil+cotton wick to test your ejuices.

3. Thou shall not test more than one flavour mix at a time
    Put effort into every ejuice mix you make. Splitting your attention on more than one at a time reduces the quality. This is a hobby, get good at making ejuices.

Last edited by mavinry4; 13-01-14 at 03:27 AM.

AussieVapers approved Vendor

Great advice here, CMB. As with coopz, I do exactly the same (for my own personal juice) only with different PG:VG. The nic content will vary a little depending on how much concentrate goes into the particular juice but that doesn't bother me.

I operate only with percentages, drops just don't cut it for me and I'd highly recommend everyone do the same.

Spud is on the money with the RDA and taking notes. Use the RDA for testing and your costs will be minimal and believe me when I say that every DIYer has made at least one amazing juice and broken the cardinal rule of note taking - Don't let yourself be next!

Great posts here guys. When I get some down time I'll put more time into writing up guides and hints / tips. It's really not as daunting as it's made out to be.
    CMB, mavinry4, lozza 82 and 2 others like this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast