Which brand is better

diced to open up an big can of worms hear but what are people op's

FlavourArt
    Flavor Apprentice
    Capella Drops

witch is better

AVF Regular
    I use one you have not listed - Lorann

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular

I use mostly capella and flavour west brands, as well as Juice Factory super concentrates, all good quality. Lorann are also good quality, but you need to know which ones can be used for vaping as many of their concentrates contain oils and gums, which cannot be used for vaping.
    vaping_gal likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    flavour apprentice for beginners (usually 10-20%)
    capella for your normal intermediate users (5-15%)
    flavourart for more advanced users as it isnt as forgiving and only small quantities is required. (2-5%)

These are just my opinion and experience on these concentrates. Correct me if i am wrong and please do not bomb me for you more advanced diyers
    Noe, margyb and mudtoy like this.

AVF Regular
    Its a tough question as they are all different. The one that you like the taste of is the best for you.
    margyb, spud and vaping_gal like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Here is a good link to what can and can't be used from several flavour manufacturers

Guide To Flavouring - Planet of the Vapes Wiki
    margyb, spud and vaping_gal like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Quote Originally Posted by urecia View Post
    flavour apprentice for beginners (usually 10-20%)
    capella for your normal intermediate users (5-15%)
    flavourart for more advanced users as it isnt as forgiving and only small quantities is required. (2-5%)

These are just my opinion and experience on these concentrates. Correct me if i am wrong and please do not bomb me for you more advanced diyers
    No bombing Just curious, as there are no standard percentage rates for any of the flavour concentrates, only very general guidelines. I have one TFA concentrate that can only be used at the rate of a couple of drops per 10ml, and others that can be used at 15%. Same for Capella and Flavour Art.

Different recipes also require different % rates, so I wonder if a newbie would be better following the recipe % rather than the general guidelines??
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    My 2c

Mixing a vapable eliquid is difficult. Most single concentrates are not very nice and it takes patience and practice to blend multiple flavours. If you are doing this to save money it can be a false economy with a lot of wasted mixes. If you are doing this to find a flavour you like I would recommend you find a doubler that is ok to tide you over while you play.

My caution would be all about your tastebuds. As a new vaper they are still recovering from years of smoking and so even if you mixed up one of say spuds tried and tested recipes you may not have the same flavour experience
    mrsgruffy, spud and Ginar like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    No bombing Just curious, as there are no standard percentage rates for any of the flavour concentrates, only very general guidelines. I have one TFA concentrate that can only be used at the rate of a couple of drops per 10ml, and others that can be used at 15%. Same for Capella and Flavour Art.

Different recipes also require different % rates, so I wonder if a newbie would be better following the recipe % rather than the general guidelines??
    That would be correct. My % are just in general taken from my faint memory of what Charlie from Vaping Cobra mentioned to me as he is the one that supplies these concentrates. Then again, i have been out of the diy section for quite a while as i have just been purchasing overseas premixed liquids.
    spud likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast