Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Excellent Recipe Site for DIYers

Talking Excellent Recipe Site for DIYers

Found this site while looking around for a particular flavour concentrate, looks really good, lots of recipes with some simple ones for beginners, and some more advanced ones. All recipes are in percentages as well as mils.

Definitely worth a look, even if you just want some inspiration

E-Liquid Recipes | E-Juice Recipes
    Noe, margyb, CMB and 6 others like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Good find Spud. Some of the percentages are a bit on the high side though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Good find Spud. Some of the percentages are a bit on the high side though.
    Yeah I think so too, Americans tend to favour the strong mixes, and use higher percentages than the UK and AUS, they also tend to like very sweet mixes. I use recipes for inspiration, lol, sometimes I just run out of ideas I don't really use the percentages in any recipe now, because I sort of know how I want things to taste, and what flavours go with others, but its great to see what others are getting up to in the DIY juice world

Its also great if you're starting out in DIY, because it takes the guess work out of producing your first mixes, and you know you will end up with something vapable, (and possibly something great).
    Rossco likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

AVF Regular
    And also some of the recipes come up with meaningless gibberish as if IE is not reading the page correctly but there's more than enough recipes that come up ok.

Rossco, yep noticed that some of the percentages were looking a bit high. Big question is ...... were they perhaps submitted by DIY'ers/Vapers that were new to it and needed to taste something ?? (been there done that...... or am I still there ?) Or are these actually really good recipes ?

By the way, I'm still noticing that lower percentage mixes are "fading" after a week at most, yet higher percentage mixes are "looking good" after a couple of weeks. Enough to do your head in !! Would be nice to get a definitive answer on the question of percentages.
    Cheers
    Sodd
    spud, maggie and Rossco like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sodd View Post
    And also some of the recipes come up with meaningless gibberish as if IE is not reading the page correctly but there's more than enough recipes that come up ok.

Rossco, yep noticed that some of the percentages were looking a bit high. Big question is ...... were they perhaps submitted by DIY'ers/Vapers that were new to it and needed to taste something ?? LOL Or are these actually really good recipes ?

By the way, I'm still noticing that lower percentage mixes are "fading" after a week at most, yet higher percentage mixes are "looking good" after a couple of weeks. Enough to do your head in !! Would be nice to get a definitive answer on the question of percentages.
    Cheers
    Sodd
    There are no standard guidelines for most concentrates, because they vary so much in their composition, it would be near on impossible to achieve a definitive answer. Even from the same company, the mixing % is hugely varied. Some you can mix at 15%, some at 2 drops per 10ml, and on top of that people have such different tastes. Some like strong flavours, some like subtle flavours.

At least if you start with a low percentage in your mix, its very easy to up the strength, because you can increase the percentage of the flavour you want stronger, much more difficult to dilute because you are diluting the whole mix, rather than just the one flavour.

This is where 'smooth' and 'MTS vape wizard', come in handy
    CMB likes this.

Retired Account
    This isn't a bad resource for percentages for various concentrates: Guide To Flavouring - Planet of the Vapes Wiki
    Like everything, you need to use your own discretion.. use as a guide only.
    CMB, spud and Rossco like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    This isn't a bad resource for percentages for various concentrates: Guide To Flavouring - Planet of the Vapes Wiki
    Like everything, you need to use your own discretion.. use as a guide only.
    Excellent thanks MrsG At the bottom of that page is a list of what flavours go well together, I'm just gonna print the whole thing out and keep it in the vape room, very handy

Quote Originally Posted by The Sodd View Post

Rossco, yep noticed that some of the percentages were looking a bit high. Big question is ...... were they perhaps submitted by DIY'ers/Vapers that were new to it and needed to taste something ?? (been there done that...... or am I still there ?) Or are these actually really good recipes ?

Cheers
    Sodd
    Either diy'ers Sodd or people that like it that sweet, that their eyes roll back into their head.

I also agree with the inspiration part of your comment as well Spud.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Chrome can't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    Chrome can't read it.
    I use chrome Wayno and have had no problems at all with the site. I can read it on chrome using both my linux system and windows. It is a little slow to load, but that is the way the site is designed. What problems are you having, does it just not load or is it a problem with reading the recipes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast