Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Single Concentrate mix %

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Posts
    1,331

    Single Concentrate mix %

    EDIT> Thanks to Ginar for finding a group that has already done this.
    Just remember to check against "Basis PG/VG/H2O". They are using average for calculations. Don't believe the average number.

    ok, I got a little distracted. Not sure if anyone will use. Probably not
    It's like a database for single mix concentrates. Uses mean average, percentile at 50% and also has min/max %.
    I'll populate it slowly.

    Anyone can add to this Help for noobs. If you do actually enter something, you can add anywhere in the blank spaces on the right. (under %)

    Best concentration to look at is "range"(MinMax) and then "percentile50" column after there are at least 3 entries. Four would be better.



    Capella (mostly 10% except coffee flavours, maybe cola too)
    FA - Flavorart
    TFA - The flavour/perfumers apprentice (deserts/baked /I've tried seem to be %10. Fruits are less. Coffee flavours less)
    FW- Flavour west (deserts/baked /I've tried seem to be %10. Fruits are less?. Coffee flavours less)
    LA - LorAnn
    JF - Juice Factory ( most report 2.5%-3%)

    I've been using smell to work out concentrations so far. It usually works.
    Last edited by sushiaddiction; 07-03-14 at 07:19 PM.
    essiemessy, spud, Mark B and 1 others like this.


    ]6⁹.12[

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Posts
    1,331
    Filled out TFA

    Capella and FW are usually 10.

    Will fill out FA next.

    If anyone uses this please add one percentage entry to help.
    New flavour NAME entries can be added to the bottom of the list. I'll sort the list from a-z once in a while.
    Last edited by sushiaddiction; 15-02-14 at 10:27 PM.
    spud likes this.


    ]6⁹.12[

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,691
    LA is roughly 5% - put in a couple
    sushiaddiction likes this.




    Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

    Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    LA is roughly 5% - put in a couple
    Thanks. Most of LA is usually 5%?

    I locked the columns with formulas now


    ]6⁹.12[

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ballaratish
    Posts
    187
    I found this spreadsheet a while ago and am finding it is extremely helpful when trying to work out %'s.
    Dampfaromen-Prozente and they have covered every flavouring manufacturer.
    davee, spud and sushiaddiction like this.


    2nd attempt ... Never give up, giving up. OMG I am going to be rich soon, look how much I have saved!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Posts
    1,331
    Thanks Ginar, that's just what I wanted. Seems I was not the first to thing this. Germans and their paperwork
    I knew it was a good idea.
    spud likes this.


    ]6⁹.12[

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,691
    Quote Originally Posted by sushiaddiction View Post
    Thanks. Most of LA is usually 5%?

    I locked the columns with formulas now
    The ones I have tried, yes... however, some of them are less, some more. I have mixed up a couple of chocolate / chocolate mint where I needed up to 10%.....But I only put in the ones I have tried, and repeated with success.
    Last edited by Altered1; 16-02-14 at 11:53 AM.




    Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

    Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5
    Can someone set me straight here,
    I have some Capella concentrates, based on what I'm reading it should be set at around the 5%, does this mean then say to mix up a 30ml batch , 5% or 1.5 mil will be flavour while the remaining 95% or 28.5 mil will be vg/pig?
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Thank you
    Mick

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,691
    Quote Originally Posted by mickieb49 View Post
    Can someone set me straight here,
    I have some Capella concentrates, based on what I'm reading it should be set at around the 5%, does this mean then say to mix up a 30ml batch , 5% or 1.5 mil will be flavour while the remaining 95% or 28.5 mil will be vg/pig?
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Thank you
    Mick
    yes. use a juice calculator to remove any confusion.




    Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

    Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Esperance Western Australia
    Posts
    3,627
    Quote Originally Posted by mickieb49 View Post
    Can someone set me straight here,
    I have some Capella concentrates, based on what I'm reading it should be set at around the 5%, does this mean then say to mix up a 30ml batch , 5% or 1.5 mil will be flavour while the remaining 95% or 28.5 mil will be vg/pig?
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Thank you
    Mick
    5% of 30ml is indeed 1.5ml

    With Capella concentrates, I usually start at 5%, but most need more like 10% except the fruit flavours. Use 10% at least if you are making single concentrate mixes, or the flavour will be too weak.

    The remaining liquid will be plain pg/vg + whatever level of nic base you want to use, + any other flavour concentrates you want to add.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.






    STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 10:42 PM.