Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Thinning out VG

AVF Regular

Thinning out VG

Ok so i've been helping a mate convert to vaping this week. Worked out he's much more suited to high VG mixes. I'm a high PG vaper and not too familiar with high VG mixes.

So i'm mixing him up some high VG juice. What are the best methods of thinning it out? Distilled water? Vodka? What sort of percentage should i be adding?

I've just made up a 40PG/60VG mix (highest i can go with ingredients i have). I'll be making higher VG mixes when i get some concentrates.

I've got him on a Kayfun, but he's also been enjoying the Aspire and carto tank. So i need it thin enough to wick with all of these set ups.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

40/60VG should be ok without thinning it down, I don't usually thin VG base juices until I head upwards of 80VG. I just use vodka, anywhere from 1-5% typically, leave the cap off for a few days so the alcohol evaporates and you will be all good.

Most people tend to have vodka on hand, so if you do there is no point going out to buy distilled water for the fun of it. I pushed it right up to 90VG for a friend and left the 10PG to account for the nic and concentrates then thinned down with 5% vodka and it was perfect.
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

AVF Regular
    Water is good. I ran out of distilled shit so I started boiling and using the condensation from the pot lid. But ive been too lazy for that shit these days so now im just using tap water. (Fark it I drink the shit). I figure its distilled by the time it turns to vapor.
    I use 20% water if i dont use any PG.
    spud and zorba like this.

AVF Regular
    Yup tap water ftw just a little at a time and a shake i ruined a few (way to runnny) went a bit too hard on the waters.
    Vape on

AVF Regular
    4ml per 28ml is the go on VG

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Can't stand water in my juice, a little vodka is fine & you won't get drunk or inhale enough alcohol to register on a breathalizer over the course of the day, even if you use 5% but I don't use it I like a higher PG base.
    Just don't vape directly before being breathalized & you'll be fine, 30 secs after a vape should do it.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Managed to get a 3%lime 3%water 22%PG 72%VG to play nicely with kayfun with cotton wick. No leaking from fill hole.

Wanted to use 20%water 80%VG but it did not vape as smooth and needed more flavour added.
    You won't notice the difference at 3% water. At 3.5%+ water there is a sudden dive in flavour.

All my mixes are now 3% water 20-25%PG. Once I find the best of that range all my mixes will have the same amount of PG for convenience.
    Use to count flavour as part of water%. Now can't be bothered.
    Although not entirely accurate 3% water = 12%PG.

I'd use 3% water. Depending on desired thickness 20-35%PG, the rest VG & Flavour.
    20% pg in that mix wont play nice with higher wattage(7+). Start at 35%, then try 30%.
    spud likes this.

]6⁹.12[

I use upto 10% water and 3:1 PG to VG... I find the water content reduces the blahhh taste if I puff a few too many times on my dripper if nothing else. .. I only use distilled though as I heard that you can inhale nasties from straight tap water (ok to drink but not inhale)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greazy View Post
    Yup tap water ftw just a little at a time and a shake i ruined a few (way to runnny) went a bit too hard on the waters.
    every time i see ftw, i think of "fu<k the world", rather than "for the win". it's gets me every time, and i wonder why is this person saying something good, the eff the world ... lol. (and someone will probably pop in here and tell me it's something completely different again :/)

AVF Regular
    Hey SMU,
    As our resident PG allergy haver, I'm all too familiar with the pains of VG wicking and thinning the stuff out.

At the moment our house is dry, so I'm using about 3-5% distilled water in my mixes destined for my carto tank/aspire. It really does help. Water or Vodka is a good choice.

As for VG in a Kayfun: I've been pushing 90%VG liquid through the Russian91% since Christmas, if your mate is vaping with cotton wicks, he should be golden. I've never had a single gurgle or dry hit. Any flooding has been because I'm retarded at o-rings, or I accidentally unscrewed the chimney
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast