AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

JF Blackfire tasting REALLY weird

This isn't a post regarding a DIY recipe but I didn't know where else to post and I don't think posting on ECF will help me out much seeing as it's mainly us aussies that have tried blackfire.

I'm curious as to whether anyone else has had this problem when it comes to JF Blackfire. As of about 2-3 weeks ago every time I mix the stuff it started tasting like the smell of latex gloves lol.
    I've been told by Tom that the concentrate has a shelf life of at least 2 years but what's happening here doesn't seem right to me.. I'm thinking that maybe the concentrate has begun dissolving the plastic bottle that it comes in?

This was my ADV until this started happening so if anyone can help me out here I'd really appreciate it. I've tasted a drop of the concentrate and the same flavour comes through every time. It's a real big shame because I ordered a 30ml bottle that's sitting on the side and when I taste it with drop on my tongue I get the same taste

For the record these have only been sitting on my shelf for about 3 months now at the most.

AVF Regular
    what strength are you mixing it at? reason i ask is flavours can taste weird if they are mixed too strong

AVF Regular
    Geez that doesn't sound right Rohin, Blackfire is my favorite vape. I have got through a 10ml bottle & I'm about to start using a new 30ml bottle. The smell from the new bottle is the same as the other one & I just tasted it neat & it has a taste just like the smell, a sort of woody fire taste. Seeing as though you have vaped Blackfire on a regular basis I think we can assume there's possibly something wrong with the one you have.
    I used to vape a lot of TFA RY4D & suddenly it started to taste awful so I think something has gone wrong with that in the bottle. I will mix another bottle soon to see if it has gone off or if it was just one of those things.
    I had a TFA RY4 Asian & I couldn't vape it at all, it was horrible so I sent a small sample to the Sodd who likes RY4 Asian & he said it was rotten too so that got chucked out.
    All I can suggest is for you to send a small sample to someone who likes Blackfire & see if they confirm your findings or just send some to Tom at the Juice Factory & see what he says.
    They know all about Blackfire on ECF, that's where I first heard about it. I think JF super concentrates are the same as America's VaporZone super concentrates.
    Last edited by rodbam; 04-06-15 at 09:50 AM.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by avtek View Post
    what strength are you mixing it at? reason i ask is flavours can taste weird if they are mixed too strong
    I've been mixing it at 2.5% but I guess I could drop that to 1-1.5% and see if that makes any difference but I'm pretty sceptical that it will because of the smell that comes from the concentrate itself..

@Rodbam

I think that might be a good idea huh. Would you be willing for me to send it to you if Tom has his hands full?

AVF Regular
    Yes no worries Rohin I will PM you my address.
    I don't think your amounts are causing the problem because I have mixed at 3% & it still tastes terrific.