Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: My MFS unflavoured nic smells really bad

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

My MFS unflavoured nic smells really bad

Hi,

I've been DIY'ing a bit now and bought MFS 100mg 1 litre 25%pg 75%vg.

When I got it, I noticed it smelt pretty bad but as a newbie I figured that might be a normal smell.

My process is this.

Mix 450ml VG 450ml PG and 100ml of MFS into a sterile glass jar. = 10mg 50/50 ratio

I blend it so it is mixed through.

My first batch tasted a bit off so I thought I'd add some more VG into the mix so the ratio became 8mg.

The flavor wasn't as bad so I figured maybe my PG was off. Forunately I did not bin my PG.

It still wasn't a very nice vape and I was forced to bin a fair bit of juice and start again, this time made 500ml. Same problem.

I vaped it without any flavours and it just firing it on an RDA it had this really disgusting smell and taste.

I open the MFS bottle (which I've only ever opened 2-3 times and had stored in the freezer) and it stinks the same as what my juice smells and tastes like when vaped.

I've opened a ticket with MFS, no response, but it is the weekend. Wasted about 750ml VG, 750ml PG and about 150ml of flavours on this endeavor . Really don't want to have waste even more on postage. Anybody know if MFS is good for customer service and will send a new so I skip the Xmas peak? I've asked if it gets replaced for it to be in 100% PG as I've heard VG can cause this.

Does anybody know what is wrong with my nic? I have had to stop vaping it's just making me feel sick, but not in a too much nicotine kind of sick, like there is really some sort of contaminant in it.

If they ask me to send it back, does anybody know if there any legal issue with me sending nicotine through the post to a country where it legal to supply? I know we have issues with supplying domestically but it is fine to own personally. I'm hoping they don't ask me to send it back for that reason, not to mention the ridiculous cost we have in postage, and if I need to send it back, by the time they get it and send a new it'll almost certainly get caught in the Xmas congestion.

I've also just noticed that the it is written in pen 75 and 25 where PG and VG is, but the LOT# is blank.

Does anybody else have a MFS bottle with a blank #LOT ?

AVF Regular
    bumping this richo - imo if it smells bad then that is not a good sign

what colour is the nic? pour some into a clear glass and have a look - should be a light straw colour or slightly pink - ive always ordered 100% pg base to avoid possible contamination with vg

maybe someone with more knowledge on nic base than i can advise

AVF Regular
    The 5 or 6 litres of 50/50 blend I've bought from MFS has always been crystal clear and no bad smells at all. Doesn't sound right if it smells off.

I've found MFS to be exceptional when ordering and paying and my orders being shipped out very quickly. Their response times to answer emails when there's a problem - not so much.
    crispy likes this.

Hex
    I have 1 litre of MFS Nic as well but it doesn't smell bad. My peeve with it is that it is peppery as hell when it arrived. Oxidation I presume.

So, it must have been mixed awhile ago.

AVF Regular
    The first and only time I purchased from MFS, I ordered lots of different flavoured nics and every single one of them tasted like black pepper and smelled of black pepper. Yes I could taste the flavours I ordered, but the pepper was so overwhelming, it made me feel ill. Sadly, I wont buy from there again.
    Other people have obviously had good service and product from them, but mine was unusable. Once burnt.....
    Hex likes this.

AVF Regular
    Always go 100% PG base
    There customer service was very average i wont shop there
    Fluffyvapingclouds likes this.

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

Hex
    Agreed. Trying HiliQ and hoping it will be much better.

Thanks for the help guys.

@avtek, there doesn't seem to be any pink to mine.

@nicaholic, bit worried now, hopefully they help.

@hex and FVS, i wish it had a peppery smell, this is a wet sock smell, and taste.

@shaneo, yes, definitely PG.

Just made a totally nic-less juice to try tide me over, and it's brilliant! Definitely the nic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast