• 3 Post By Tara
  • 1 Post By sams
  • 2 Post By The Sodd
  • 1 Post By Mailer
  • 2 Post By steve.c

Thread: Flavors to mix with other Flavors

AVF Regular

Flavors to mix with other Flavors

OK guys I need to order some concentrates this week and I'm looking for suggestions. I tend to use a lot of fruit/berry flavors and was wondering what are the MUST HAVE flavors for mixing with other flavors. For instance I love blueberry but I have never tried blueberry and cream ... so I guess I would need a cream flavor concentrate to make that happen for example. And that's what I'm looking for, those flavors that are not necessarily a stand alone flavor but the flavors used to complement the primary flavor .... Am I making any sense

I will be ordering from the Juice Co. so if there is anything you can recommend (like a cream flavor) post it up, and also if there is any primary flavor you recommend let me know ..... so many I haven't tried.

Cheers
    Rustdust
    Although a tree is a thousand Chang in height, its leaves still fall to the ground.

AVF Regular
    If you google blueberry and cream recipe there is another site has some good recipes ,I don't know I can tell you the site here but it is a good one.

AVF Regular
    I'm not looking for recipes just ideas on broad spectrum favor concentrates like creams that would be used over a wide range of recipes.
    Although a tree is a thousand Chang in height, its leaves still fall to the ground.

AVF Regular
    Graham cracker is one that gets used a lot. More so with bakery/desert vapes but I think it would be a good one to have in
    your arsenal. Same with the Capella Vanilla Custard.

I think the best thing to do is to find a few recipes you want to try and buy the ingredients you need. Keep doing that and it
    wont be long before you have enough concentrates to make pretty much anything.
    GMO_Vaping, Rustdust and maggis like this.

AVF Regular
    Capella Harvest Berry 10%
    Capella Yogurt 5%
    Koolada 10 drops per 10ml
    Stevia 5 drops per 10ml
    Vapewiz / smooth 2 drops

This one needs to steep for a while, thank me later
    trumpy955 likes this.

When life throws you lemons, vape lemonade.

I like simple. If it's not simple, I don't like it.

AVF Regular
    Rust,
    Blueberry pairs well with: other berries, cardamom, mango, lemon, hazelnut, ginger, fig, lavender, other citrus

In addition, creams go well with it, as well as Vanilla Custard, however with the creams try for a more neutral cream.
    For example sweet cream, french vanilla and bavarian cream in small doses, whipped cream is good (more neutralish) etc.
    Irish cream is not so good, banana cream and blueberry (ummmm no, been there done that).

Also to my palate, Capella Blueberry is ok but really dulls a juice if used above 4% (great with bakery recipes at about 3%) so I usually use Blueberry Extra TFA up to 8% depending on recipe for the fruity recipes.
    Cheers
    Sodd
    Rustdust and Mr Young like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Staple creams are FA Vienna Cream, FA Fresh Cream and TFA Bavarian Cream. While technically not a cream you always want CAP Vanilla Custard around. There's some others that I really like, but those will get you good results almost all of the time.

As a side note, what's going to kill you is the blueberry, which (unlike strawberry) is super hard to get right and changes with every mix. Regardless of what type of blueberry you're going for, you can shortcut things by picking up some FA Bilberry. This will probably be the core of every blueberry you make.
    The Sodd likes this.

AVF Regular
    I found this useful:

FLAVOUR PAIRING LIST.

Allspice pairs well with:
    apples, beets, cabbage, caramel, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, ginger, juniper, mace, mustard, nuts, nutmeg, onions, pears, pumpkin, root vegetables, yams.

Almond pairs well with:
    apple, apricot, banana, caramel, cherry, coffee, fig, honey, orange, peach, pear, plum Anise pairs well with:
    apples, beets, caramel, carrots, chocolate, citrus, cinnamon, coconut, coriander, cranberry, fennel, figs, fish, garlic, peaches, pomegranates, pumpkin

Apple pairs well with:
    caramel, cardamom, chestnut, cinnamon, cranberry, currant, ginger, hazelnut, mango, maple, rosemary, walnut

Apricot pairs well with:
    almond, black pepper, caramel, cardamom, ginger, hazelnut, honey, orange, peach, vanilla, plum

Asian Pear pairs well with:
    almond, apple, black pepper, cinnamon, ginger, honey, macadamia, nutmeg, raisin, vanilla

Banana pairs well with:
    caramel, cherry, chocolate, cinnamon, coffee, ginger, hazelnut, honey, mango, molasses, papaya

Blackberry pairs well with:
    apricot, black pepper, cinnamon, citrus, hazelnut, lemon, other berries, peach, plum

Blood Orange pairs well with:
    almond, cardamom, chocolate, cinnamon, clove, fig, ginger, honey, other citrus

Blueberry pairs well with:
    other berries, cardamom, mango, lemon, hazelnut, ginger, fig, lavender, other citrus

This is a small part of the list. I found it helpful when mucking around with my own recipes
    Mr Young and trumpy955 like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I have about 30 concentrates and looking at buying another 30. I just can't seem to find a flavour that i could go 'yeap this will be my ADV'. As such I've looked up plenty of recipes and made plenty of them. If you like blueberry, you can look into purchasing different variants of blueberry, e.g. capella blueberry or bilberry, TFA blueberry and inawera blueberry and play with it to see what each of them tastes like and which one you like more. Then you get to the cream part, which is not as simple as cream, but more often that not a mixture of concentrates like bavarian cream, fresh cream, sweet cream.

My recommendation, get them all if you want to experiment with the taste and be prepared to read up a lot of recipes.