AVF Regular

Lightbulb Suggestions on common food flavourings to vape with? Experiences?

Howdy,

Ok lets get the "probably not safe" stuff out of the way. The below will probably not be for everyone and may have untested side effects.

I am curious if anyone used/tried any food flavors purchasable from Australian coles/woolies etc.

I've taken to putting a few drops of peppermint oil into my juices - extremely low amounts. (Note this has been for 12 months without issue)/ I wouldn't do this with other oils like eucy, tea tree, castor etc

I am wondering if I can also use this trick for things like vanilla (the true alcohol one) and other commons, Surely by now someone has experimented with normal food flavorings so I am curious for their(your) expereriences.

I see our UK brothers and sisters use cupcake flavorings for a lot of their stuff.

Modernist Cuisine - Ultratex, Flavour Drops - Molecular Gastronomy - Modern Cooking
    Cupcake World

(Mods remove the above if considered inappropriate)

Please note: I am hyper sensitive to traditional vape flavorings so even the smallest of tastes is enough for me.

Cheers!

AVF Regular
    I have tried Queens Imitation Vanilla, not good.
    I have also tried full vanilla beans steeping in some PG nic, also not good, although the beans were old AF.

AVF Regular
    No oils- oils are bad- bad for lungs- avoid oils
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Hmm this is interesting, it seems not too many of us have actually looked into.... I'm gonna hit up one of those yuppy cooking shops over th next week and see what I can find.

AVF Regular
    Theres this and if you search the net there are a heap of threads on other forums as well who have discussed it (More on AVF as well but cbf looking them up )
    safe to use queens strawberry essence as e juice?

There has been debate about the use of natural oils vs oils in carriers vs the man made oils in flavorings and their effects on the lungs - the consensus appears to be dont vape oil where it can be avoided

Loranne has a spreadsheet for carriers of flavorings http://bestvaporflavors.com/best-lorann-oils-vaping/

and it really is best to ask before purchasing if it uses an oil based, alcohol or distilled water base rather than just vaping any old thing -

Although common for a few people to use say Queens - it is really not as strong as say Capella for example

There is this list also from the planet of the vapes
    Guide To Flavouring - Planet of the Vapes Wiki

Do a bit of googling and ask questions - Overseas companies tend to have more info than Aussie companies and in terms of Aussie made flavoring it is still a bit of trial and error -

Like with any flavoring some peeps are ok with the supermarket stuff others are not - taste is individual
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Hey dude, thanks for the reply. I am wondering, if there is another I can pop into coles and grab and use. I already use their VG when needed :P All your links are OS looking for some aussie info. This question isn't about where can I get it, its more what has been tried in AU.

AVF Regular
    I used some lorran flavors from the local bake shop. Cant use some of them that have oils. Banana cream, strawberry, Bavarian creme were good at abt 10Č

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    I bought a couple of Queens flavours from my local IGA. They don't stock a big range of flavours & these two are the only ones they sell that are not oil based. Coconut & Strawberry. The only other supermarket in town, Foodworks, unfortunately sells the same range as IGA.

I have only added these to other flavours for accent & not mixed them straight. The Coconut is nice & is strong enough that you don't need to add too much to taste it. The Strawberry is not so strong & need to add a lot more than the other flavour.