Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tara
  • 1 Post By sassy

Thread: Trying not to be the guy everyone facepalms over

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question Trying not to be the guy everyone facepalms over

Ok so i have recently got a DIY kit from nude nicotine great value and all but i was a bit disappointed that the template sheet for mixing nic (which is referenced to be in the kit i ordered elsewhere on the site) was nowhere to be found. so i had a go at mixing my own flavors, (after some extensive reading)
    which went fine but i went for a 50 50 pg/vg and im not sure if the cause is because of how runny the pg is but it keeps leaking out of my Triton tank.
    i also ruined the whole reason i brought the DIY kit in the first place which was to be able to put some nic in some flavors i buy from the Acevapes store (they have a heap of international imports)

now my main question is after reading the HiLiQ thread and seeing how no mods on here want to endorse anyone selling PN my question is, id like to be able to buy these 0nic flavors and put a minuscule amount in a 30ml bottle and not have to go through all the trouble of doublers and converting this bottle of 36mg 250ml 7.5ml nic base 2.5% sweetener 5% flavor ect ect. if i use gloves, glasses ect. (all of which came in the DIY kit) and treat it with all the respect and delicacy a toxic chemical deserves will i run into any troubles?

on a side note is nicotine added to ciggys or does is naturally occur? also does anyone know how much nic is in a typical "Red" smoke?

cheers,
    josh

AVF Regular
    Hi and welcome to AVF

Dont buy Pure Nicotine! Its not just for your safety. Think of the unsuspecting people that are handling your package. If it leaks you
    could kill someone. It is that poisonous. 200mg/ml (20%) is really the most you should be looking at dealing with. With that in 30mls
    you would only be using a minuscule amount.

I dont think the 50/50 is the cause of the leaks in your tank. Where is it leaking from?
    CMB likes this.

AVF Regular
    Typical red is 1.6mg nic. Most decent brands you divide the tar content by 10.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    Hi and welcome to AVF

Dont buy Pure Nicotine! Its not just for your safety. Think of the unsuspecting people that are handling your package. If it leaks you
    could kill someone. It is that poisonous. 200mg/ml (20%) is really the most you should be looking at dealing with. With that in 30mls
    you would only be using a minuscule amount.

I dont think the 50/50 is the cause of the leaks in your tank. Where is it leaking from?
    So we didn't end up getting anywhere on the danger to the posty, also just found this for anyone curious

"The 60-mg dose would correspond to an oral LD50 of around 0.8 mg/kg, a dose...Although an LD50 of 0.8 mg/kg would implicate that the toxicity of nicotine is similar to or even higher than that of cyanide... "

aha, might steer clear of that one then

and i think it might be the quality of the pg vg that came with the nic i ordered because it leaks out the intake and even when i vape it i end up with juice in my mouth. i dont have the issue with any other juice in the same tank, just the one i tried to make..

AVF Regular
    It's very strange that it leaks on one particular juice, for me, the first time I have heard of that. Coincidence maybe?

I have both tritons 1 &2 and none leak. If you have the 2, close your air holes before you open it and pull a hit without power. When you close it, make sure it is 100% flush, or it will leak.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by InhalExhale View Post
    "The 60-mg dose would correspond to an oral LD50 of around 0.8 mg/kg, a dose...Although an LD50 of 0.8 mg/kg would implicate that the toxicity of nicotine is similar to or even higher than that of cyanide... "
    That was the original estimation based on the dubious self-experiments in the mid 1800s. Real LD50 10 - 20x higher than that - so it's much less toxic than has commonly been believed.

http://download.springer.com/static/...3ef71ce8f4ed54
    DogMan likes this.