Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Finally bit the bullet!

AVF Regular

Finally bit the bullet!

Hey everyone,
    Just finished up my first order of concentrates so going to dabble in the world of DIY.
    I'm a bit tricky in the kitchen so hopefully this transfers to mixing up juice.
    I've tried a monster amount of juices and struggled to find flavours that really hit the spot so figured i'd mix them up myself so I can get them exactly as I want them.

This is what I ordered:

Capella Peaches and Cream v2 Concentrate
    Capella RF Sweet Strawberry Concentrate
    Flavor West Cake (Yellow) Concentrate
    Flavor West Caramel Candy Concentrate
    TPA / TFA Banana Cream Concentrate
    TPA / TFA Bavarian Cream Concentrate
    TPA / TFA Cinnamon Danish Concentrate
    TPA / TFA Hazelnut Concentrate
    TPA / TFA Marshmallow Concentrate
    TPA / TFA Vanilla Cupcake Concentrate
    TPA / TFA Waffle (Belgian) Concentrate

Guess it's pretty obvious I like desert and creamy vapes ha ha.
    Not sure if I need sweeteners as well or if there is anything missing?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
    shaneo likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'm going to start this journey very shortly as well.

Here's a great resource that I found on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/wiki/index

Tons of info. Just follow the wiki.
    Taintedhandz likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker87 View Post
    Guess it's pretty obvious I like desert and creamy vapes ha ha.
    Not sure if I need sweeteners as well or if there is anything missing?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
    Well grahame cracker is good for that pastry crust flavour. Maybe the waffle will get you there....

I stopped using the TFA Hazelnut. It was listed on their site as containing Acetoin and Acetyl Propionyl. You might want to check that: I stopped using it even though my addition was only a very minor percentage.

The other one you have to watch out for is Diacetyl....

A great resource is http://e-liquid-recipes.com where you can store your recipes, and make them up using the calculator. I find it great as if I want to reduce the nicotine (for example) I just pull the old recipe up, change the details, and save it again. I still have recipes on there from years ago and have revisited a few to help out friends etc.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 22-03-16 at 07:57 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the link bangers, some great info there!
    What sort of flavours are you planning to make?
    I'm hoping for wickedly indulgent desserts with lots of creaminess!
    Going to mix flavours at higher percentages straight off the bat because I hate weak flavours.

Fabricator cheers for the heads up about the nasties in hazelnut, I'll look up those components and decide whether to use or not.
    One of my fave juices as diacetyl in it, still waiting for V2 that does not contain diacetyl but I do love that buttery taste!
    That website looks great, there's no way I'd remember what ratios I'd mixed and I can barely read my own hand writing so that's not an option.. Ha ha

AVF Regular
    Going to mix flavours at higher percentages straight off the bat because I hate weak flavours.

Fabricator cheers for the heads up about the nasties in hazelnut, I'll look up those components and decide whether to use or not.
    One of my fave juices as diacetyl in it, still waiting for V2 that does not contain diacetyl but I do love that buttery taste!
    That website looks great, there's no way I'd remember what ratios I'd mixed and I can barely read my own hand writing so that's not an option.. Ha ha
    I just went to their website to double check, and yes they state that it contains acetoin and acetyl propionyl, however they do a version that does not have these: DX Hazelnut. It's good to see a concentrate manufacturer being proactive in this area. If you've only just placed the order maybe you can contact them and get them to substitute the DX version if they have it available.

AVF Regular

I'm a big fan of bakery flavours & desert type stuff. I want to play around with a bit of fruit too. I haven't found any that I really like yet. There's also a guy on vapingunderground forums called headinclouds. Seems to be highly regarded for his recipes.

I'm going to make a move on this soon though as I'm running low on juice.

AVF Regular
    Hey walker just a question if you don't mind answering... For that little wheelbarrow'o'yummyness how much did you spend? How much of that was shipping and also can I ask who you ordered from?

Im not too far away from starting too. Not sure I'm ready to give up vendor bought completely but will definitely start looking at replicating my favorites. Still so many companies to try with really nice sounding juice. Some cheap, some not so cheap. Don't know until you try.

Cheers man. Looks like a good next few weeks of mixing for you!

Fab that site sounds gold. Online recipe book + calculator + DIY community. Sounds great. Will check it out....

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Taintedhandz View Post
    Im not too far away from starting too. Not sure I'm ready to give up vendor bought completely but will definitely start looking at replicating my favorites. Still so many companies to try with really nice sounding juice. Some cheap, some not so cheap. Don't know until you try.
    It never stops being worth it to try new juice with different profiles. You will eventually be able to mix an infinite amount of the stuff you burn through. The buying will just shift from large batches of staples to samplers of different things. Lots of great flavors you'll never know worked together.

Or, if you're purely in it for financial reasons, just look up clones on reddit and spend your cash on concentrates for those recipes.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Taintedhandz View Post
    Hey walker just a question if you don't mind answering... For that little wheelbarrow'o'yummyness how much did you spend? How much of that was shipping and also can I ask who you ordered from?

Cheers man. Looks like a good next few weeks of mixing for you!

Fab that site sounds gold. Online recipe book + calculator + DIY community. Sounds great. Will check it out....
    Total cost was $66 including express shipping which was $10 (flat rate)
    I also purchased a bunch of bottles (5 x 30ml and 5 x 10ml, 5 syringes, 5 syringe tips)

The store is called JuiceFactory

I will most likely continue to buy pre made juices, I have a zamplebox subscription which I really enjoy.
    If I nail the flavours though this may change.

AVF Regular
    I will most likely continue to buy pre made juices, I have a zamplebox subscription which I really enjoy.
    If I nail the flavours though this may change.
    Well mixing flavours is a steep and never ending learning curve. It's a lot of fun though, and very satisfying. I tend to stick to single flavour concentrates, because then you learn more about the nuts and bolts - If you buy a cinnamon danish or a peaches and cream for example, you don't actually learn how to replicate those flavours, whereas if you buy Grahame Cracker, and Bavarian cream, and peach, and cinnamon, then you learn by mixing those ones first.

Either way you are going to have fun. Flavours tend to change after they've been mixed a while. When you first mix you are mixing fresh. After it has steeped for a while you'll find some notes will come forward while others will seem more muted. You then adjust (use less of the ones that are too strong and maybe more of the others that were lost) remix, and steep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast