Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By The Sodd

Thread: My DIY Brainfart

AVF Regular

My DIY Brainfart

One fine morning, not so long ago, I was sitting at the table ready to partake of my morning coffee and vape. Suddenly, out of nowhere came the idea to mix Absinthe and Rose concentrates together and that will make the most awesome ejuice in history.

I gathered my ingredients and a clean bottle and mixed up 30ml of 50/50 pg/vg and added 10% Absinthe and 3-4 drops of Rose Super concentrate. *Shake shake shake until blended* I dripped 10 drops in to my dripper and vaped.

I expected the sour bite of the absinthe to be followed by the floral notes of the rose to be a little muted due to the lack of steeping. What I got was a big dose of mmm mmmmmmmmm, yucky. I steeped it for a week and hoped it would improve. Nope. I wasn't smart enough to have made a back up juice so I'm vaping it while I wait for a couple of flavours I know I like to steep.

Moral of the story, never mix juice before you follow through with your usual morning routine. In the interests of saving others from such horrible fails, what juice fails have you had?
    I don't blow clouds. I might if they bought me dinner and made me feel appreciated every now and then...

AVF Regular
    Daemolita,
    Absinthe is a great tasting concentrate BUT it needs to be used in conjuction with other concentrates ...... there was not enough other concentrates to knock it back so you were just basically vaping absinthe (as you have mentioned.... yuk). Even as a super concentrate, Rose is a very subtle flavour.

IMHO I don't mix absinthe below 8% which seems to be the lower benchmark for me and 12% is the upper limit I've gone to before it became overpowering at 13% (at 6% it didn't do anything for me), so somewhere between 8-12%.

I mix it with other concentrates so that it becomes basically about 50% of the concentrate mix. I've taken it as high as 60% of the mix so that I get a little more of the absinthe kick by playing around with the %'s of the other concentrates in the mix. As an example here is a recipe that I finally nutted out in the DIY section on page 29, so you can see what I mean about the ratio percentage I've been talking about (50% of the concentrate mix, smooth or vape wizard not included).

Black Fairy Clone
    Absinthe FA 10%
    Blackberry U4EA 5% (has to be U4EA)
    Blackcurrant FA 3%
    Sweetener 2%
    2 drops of Smooth or Vape Wizard every 10mls. 7 to 10 day steep. Give a good shake every day.

Cheers
    Sodd
    Crisscross, Fatman and Daemolitia like this.