• 2 Post By Bassman
  • 1 Post By gtadmin
  • 4 Post By fabricator4
  • 3 Post By BlunderbussGonzo

Thread: Is that the correct mix?

AVF Regular

Is that the correct mix?

Greetings Vapers,

I am hoping someone could kindly just confirm my workings out for mixing doublers. I have a few 50ml doublers from Sydney Vapor, I vape at 3mg nicotine level and try to aim for max VG.

I am looking at buying my nicotine in 36mg @ 100%VG if that is ok. In addition, I will be grabbing plain VG to complete the mixture. I found a doubler calculator, but as this is my first attempt at mixing I hope someone who is more experienced at mixing can have a look and confirm that is correct?

Many thanks.

Mods: ProVari 2.5 Satin Black + ProVari 2.5 Zombie I + ProVari P3 Satin Silver + Sigelei 100W (PLUS) + Vapor Shark rDNA40 + Kanger Subox + Yihi 350j M Class + eVic-VTC Mini

Tanks: Kanger Sub Tank Mini + Vertex v2 RDA + Velocity RDA + Lemo V1 + Lemo V2 + Lemo Drop + Goblin Mini + Aspire Triton + Uwell Crown + OBS T-VCT

AVF Regular
    Hi.

According to my ejuice calculator, 8.33ml of 36mg nic is the correct amount to make 100ml of juice at 3mg.

In other words, yeah sounds right to me.

Edit: There are some very good reasons to buy your nic in PG. I'll leave that to more knowledgeable peeps to explain.
    Last edited by Bassman; 14-04-16 at 07:34 PM.
    gtadmin and BlunderbussGonzo like this.

Super Moderator
    Check: You'll have 8.33x36 (=300) mg of nicotine in that 100ml mix. So 300mg/100ml=3mg/ml
    BlunderbussGonzo likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderbussGonzo View Post
    Greetings Vapers,
    I am looking at buying my nicotine in 36mg @ 100%VG if that is ok. In addition, I will be grabbing plain VG to complete the mixture.
    It's better to buy nicotine in 100% PG because it's more stable and will last a lot longer. VG tends to react with the nicotine so has a more limited shelf life. VG is also a little harder to dispense because it's a lot thicker.

You can store the nicotine in the freezer to extend it's shelf life. Many of us fill 100ml glass bottles to the rim to exclude air and store them in the freezer. When you take them out of the freezer let them return to room temperature before you take the cap off. If you really have to you can dispense nic in PG straight out of the freezer, but VG is way too thick at this temperature to do much with - another reason to buy nic in 100% PG.

If you just can't get on with PG (some people are intolerant) then by all means buy nic in VG but be aware of the reduced shelf life. Maybe use 50ml glass bottles instead of the 100ml ones so you can use each bottle more quickly as you take it out of the freezer.

Last edited by fabricator4; 15-04-16 at 11:26 AM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Thank you so much for all the info, I wasn't sure with the nicotine base whether I should go for PG or VG, I went for the VG as I usually buy premixed juices with max VG. Right I shall order some bits and have a go at mixing, again thank you for all the info. ��
    gtadmin, fabricator4 and btobw like this.

Mods: ProVari 2.5 Satin Black + ProVari 2.5 Zombie I + ProVari P3 Satin Silver + Sigelei 100W (PLUS) + Vapor Shark rDNA40 + Kanger Subox + Yihi 350j M Class + eVic-VTC Mini

Tanks: Kanger Sub Tank Mini + Vertex v2 RDA + Velocity RDA + Lemo V1 + Lemo V2 + Lemo Drop + Goblin Mini + Aspire Triton + Uwell Crown + OBS T-VCT