• 1 Post By Mailer
  • 1 Post By Mailer
  • 1 Post By dojrude
  • 4 Post By gtadmin

Thread: Concentrates V$ Doublers

AVF Regular

Concentrates V$ Doublers

Hey Vapourunies

Just been shopping around again for flavours to mix up, below are my observations on good mid-range products vs cost (and as per tittle) of flavoured juice. Base, nic and shipping are not in the equation:

1) European-made concentrate = $5.50 Euro for 10ml. So that's $8.50 per 200ml (@5% ratio as per recommended strength) of consumable juice; Under $0.05 per ml. I ordered from this supplier last year and to me the quality is up there.

2) A typical (good quality) doubler is about $15 per 30ml to make 60ml of end juice. $.25 per ml.

Even with strength variations/preferences, to me it's a no-brainer, even if I have to wait for delivery and steeping...

Anyone else looked into this?

Cheers,

Yuz

Dicodes Dani Extreme - VS VaporFlask - Koopor Mini - Walking Stick Tube
    Eleaf Lemo II - VLS Vulcan & VLS Vector - Kangertech Sub Mini RTA

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuz78 View Post
    Hey Vapourunies

Just been shopping around again for flavours to mix up, below are my observations on good mid-range products vs cost (and as per tittle) of flavoured juice. Base, nic and shipping are not in the equation:

1) European-made concentrate = $5.50 Euro for 10ml. So that's $8.50 per 200ml (@5% ratio as per recommended strength) of consumable juice; Under $0.05 per ml. I ordered from this supplier last year and to me the quality is up there.

2) A typical (good quality) doubler is about $15 per 30ml to make 60ml of end juice. $.25 per ml.

Even with strength variations/preferences, to me it's a no-brainer, even if I have to wait for delivery and steeping...

Anyone else looked into this?

Cheers,

Yuz
    There's so many more options now.

Hiliq. 30ml Strawberry, AU$13.33. At 10% that's 300ml, so AU$0.044 per ml

How about local?

U4EA 30ml Strawberry $4.00. At 10% also 300ml, so $0.0133 per ml.

If you like really light flavourings you might be able to drop both of these down to 8% total flavourings. Some of these like U4EA cheesecake I'm using at 1.5%

If you want FA and TPA concentrates Nicotine River in the states has very good prices.
    RyanohRyan likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Yeh to me its a no brainer.

I mix up my ADV's in 200ml batches now which last me a while. Creating your own good recipes is time consuming and can involve a lot of wastage but there are plenty of good recipes out there to copy if you dont have the time or money.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuz78 View Post
    Keep in mind that any halfway decent doubler will have a bit more thought put into it than 5% of a single flavor. You're paying for the only expensive part of the juice (concentrates) plus the time and effort to make the recipe. While there are definitely people chucking 15% Flavorwest in some pg/vg and calling it a doubler that's not the stuff you want to buy.
    muscovyduckling likes this.

How do you know if people are doing that mailer? Also what goes into a doubler really as I thought it was just flavour/pg/vg tbh

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnCity View Post
    Also what goes into a doubler really as I thought it was just flavour/pg/vg tbh
    It is. Mailer is talking about vendors who just turn a single flavour concentrate into a doubler rather than a well thought out recipe.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Quote Originally Posted by BurnCity View Post
    How do you know if people are doing that mailer?
    You'll generally know by taste. Mt Baker made a business out of single-concentrate Flavorwest juice. Taste is entirely subjective but you can definitely tell the difference between something complex and something with just one flavor at 15%.

Also what goes into a doubler really as I thought it was just flavour/pg/vg tbh
    That's what it is. The difference is what constitutes the flavour. If it's something with a lot of depth then it means someone worked on that and the price will always reflect the time it took to develop. Even my dumb recipes have taken months of messing around with different things before they get where I want. If it's TFA Strawberry mixed at 20% then you shouldn't bother paying for it.
    btobw likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've just started using T-Juice concentrates. Sure they're a bit more expensive with $8 of concentrate making 100ml of usable juice, but they're also a lot more complex than a single flavour and a lot cheaper than a pre-made doubler from a vendor. I can see myself working through the range over the next few months and giving them all a go as I've been happy enough with the couple that I've tried so far.
    Fatman likes this.

Super Moderator
    An interesting read from one of America's self-appointed Super Tasters

"Taste Is Subjective, but Good Flavoring Is Not
    We all know taste is subjective, however quality of flavoring is not always just a subjective opinion. When you have a lot of people all agreeing a certain flavor or flavor company's line tastes horrible, the likelihood that you’re going to make a good vape out of those flavors is very , very low . Some flavoring is simply poor quality or poorly crafted. That being said, some people have next to no taste buds and with such a poor palate you’re going to get some opinions on poor quality flavoring that may be positive.

What I have found is that with each of the popular flavor companies you are going to ultimately get some wonderful flavors and then some flavors that are so bad one vapor puff makes you nearly gag -- yes, I’ve even vomited from some flavors! There are some instances though, of flavors that may seem bad at first, but with further experience in mixing a way may be discovered on how to mix those flavorings.

My ranking for flavor companies based on the flavors I have tried from them are as follows:

98% FlavourArt
    80% Capellas
    65% One on One Flavors
    55% The Perfumer’s Apprentice (or commonly known as The Flavor Apprentice TPA/TFA)
    20% Fairies Finest
    20% Nature’s Flavors
    10% Vaping Zones SC Gourmet and Super Concentrates (SC Gourmet = Baker Flavor/ SC = Chinese flavoring unknown source)
    5% Flavor West
    5% Inawera

The percentage represents how many flavorings out of what I have tried were what I consider good quality flavoring. Not necessarily what I like, as there are many flavors I don’t personally vape, but that others find delightful. I have plenty of flavors and recipes that I only vaped a 10ml of and never vaped it again, simply because the flavors are not ones that are my All Day Vapes (ADV .)

I have discussed with many vapers who have average to above average palates and they generally agree with my conclusions above. However, folks with below average ability to taste/smell tend to like companies like Flavor West and TPA because they can not taste the chemical aftertaste and the strength of the flavors work well for them. So if you have trouble tasting and smelling flavoring as to what the profile is supposed to be then you may enjoy the lower quality flavorings just as much as the higher quality flavorings, often times seeing little to no difference between them, except price."

Extracted from DIY E-Liquid Mixology - Jennifer Jarvis
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet