Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Smoother RY4.

AVF Regular

Smoother RY4.

Here's one I came across by experimentation that turned out very well.

I had some RY4 mixed up at 24mg and some Vanilla at 2mg. I wanted some juice at around 12mg ( I've gone from sub to plus ohm, so I'm playing around with my nic levels atm ) so I mixed them 50/50 thinking they would be compatible flavours. And they are!

So to re-create it, the recipe would be:

5% RY4 (Flavour Art)
    1.5% French Vanilla (Capella)
    1.5% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Flavor West)
    1.5% Vanilla Cup Cake (TFA)
    0.5% Bavarian Cream (TFA)

Very nice.

AVF Regular
    Sounds yummo I have a bottle of pistachio concentrate here, if I mix something like this I will try a touch of pistachio in there too. Mmmmm.
    lou and tel like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    Sounds yummo I have a bottle of pistachio concentrate here, if I mix something like this I will try a touch of pistachio in there too. Mmmmm.
    Just a touch though, I've found nut flavours can be overpowering.

AVF Regular
    Ok, thanks for the tip
    merexy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Pistachio. I haven't gone there yet, love the nuts, how is it for a vape flavour?

AVF Regular
    Check out the DYI or DIE site or his You tube and his recipe for Pistachio RY4.

http://diyordievaping.com/2016/03/04...o-ry4u-recipe/

I am going to make it tomorrow if my one missing concentrate for it shows up in the mail.
    Last edited by Christian R; 05-05-16 at 02:02 AM.
    tel likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Pistachio. I haven't gone there yet, love the nuts, how is it for a vape flavour?
    It's very smooth and mingles nicely with caramel flavour. Gives a sort of creaminess too, which I like.
    Bassman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Merexy +1

Christian - Have had a look at the link. I'd drop the pistachio back to 1% ....... the longer the steep the more prominent it becomes. When it becomes prominent it gives the vape an off sort of oily taste.
    As the above recipe (Smoother RY4) only calls for 10% all up, if you were to add pistachio I'd be inclined to either add at very small percentage, maybe 0.5% or even leave it out altogether, IMHO I have my doubts about it going well with any vanilla. In the past I have mixed it with RY4 which is why I mentioned the small percentage.
    Cheers
    Sodd
    Last edited by The Sodd; 06-05-16 at 12:17 PM.
    Christian R and merexy like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sodd View Post
    Merexy +1

Christian - Have had a look at the link. I'd drop the pistachio back to 1% ....... the longer the steep the more prominent it becomes. When it becomes prominent it gives the vape an off sort of oily taste.
    As the above recipe (Smoother RY4) only calls for 10% all up, if you were to add pistachio I'd be inclined to either add at very small percentage, maybe 0.5% or even leave it out altogether, IMHO I have my doubts about it going well with any vanilla. In the past I have mixed it with RY4 which is why I mentioned the small percentage.
    Cheers
    Sodd
    Yes, the trick with adjunct flavourings is that they change the nature of the overall flavour, but in no way come to the foreground. I have a few adjuncts that I use in my tobacco vapes, mostly at around 0.2% Some are at 0.4% and one is only 0.1%. Yep, that's about 1 drop in 15mls, and if you're interested to know what it is, it's FA Desert Ship. This stuff is unvapable at any percentage amount if you have even half your tastebuds working right, but it's indispensable in my ADV.

Vanilla is good - proper Bourbon Vanilla as an adjunct flavour at 0.2%. Same with most nut type flavours.

It's really hard to get adjunct flavourings right - if you are testing you quickly get so that you can taste nothing. That's where I am at the moment unfortunately - everything tastes very dry and tasteless so I won't be doing any mixing of new flavours today.

My recommending for adjusting adjunct flavouring is don't change them unless you are 200% certain that they need to be changed. This can sometimes mean vaping 200mls of something before you've got a good idea which way it needs to go.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 06-05-16 at 01:13 PM.
    The Sodd and merexy like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian R View Post
    Check out the DYI or DIE site or his You tube and his recipe for Pistachio RY4.

THE NEW PISTACHIO-RY4U Recipe – DIY OR DIE VAPING

I am going to make it tomorrow if my one missing concentrate for it shows up in the mail.
    Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

I made this yesterday substituting Butterscotch Ripple @ 4% for JF Caramel (Gourmet SC), dropped the percentage down to 0.4%. JF's caramel is quite heavy on the palate, hopefully this settles over the next week of steeping. Right now, it's overpowering and not my type of taste. That said, getting some tingling sweetness on the exhale, likely the sugar cookie and vanilla combined. No pistachio yet, could be overpowered by this crazy Caramel (I hope I haven't over done it, time will tell!).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast