Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By fabricator4

Thread: Test results for Flavour Art

AVF Regular

Test results for Flavour Art

I've already put this in the political forum but in case some DIYers don't read the political threads I thought it worth posting here. Flavourart have been engaged in a testing project for their flavours called the Clearstream project. Flavourart and the people doing the testing seem to have extensive knowledge of the chemicals used at the molecule level and know which ones are a problem. The result so far from two and half years of testing are here: Results ยป ClearStreamOnward

This is the kind of testing and reporting we always wished could be done. Rather than a shotgun random attempt at testing finished liquids off vape store shelves that doesn't tell us about anything except for results for that one mix, this is a methodical test being done at the flavour concentrate level which can be used to predict the safety of all mixes using these FA flavourings.

Good to know.

I heard about this from a recent VPlive broadcast "Life After Deeming" fast forward to 57:50. The caller was Shaun Casey, CEO of Flavourart North America Inc. It's a very interesting discussion.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 13-05-16 at 11:04 AM.
    The Sodd and muscovyduckling like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Did he say if they're going to be testing all of their flavours? I just checked out the website and it looks like only tobacco type flavours and a couple of others have been tested.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    Did he say if they're going to be testing all of their flavours? I just checked out the website and it looks like only tobacco type flavours and a couple of others have been tested.
    No he didn't say, but it looks like they are continuing to work through the flavours. It's going to take years; obviously they are starting with the most popular ones that they are sure are going to be OK - they know exactly what the composition is after all. As you know creams butters and bakeries are going to be the most trouble. It gives me hope since they seem to know about the fact that there are three other ketones that may be a problem. He also (more than) implied that they know what is in other companies flavours and they will not be compliant since they've just switched to one of the other ketones which will be a problem.

Edit: apart from the scathing comments about what flavour molecules other companies are using, he also made the point that they (Capella, Flavour West etc) aren't going to be able to get the testing done in time for when the gate slams on FDA certification in two years time. They needed to start this years ago.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 13-05-16 at 12:47 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.