Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: ummm it's an ...e-juice

tel
    AVF Regular

ummm it's an ...e-juice

So have played around with this for a little bit. Pretty much making my ADV. One week steep and the flavours have developed quite nicely. I am still waiting to see how it goes after a two week steep.
    Last edited by tel; 14-05-16 at 01:43 AM.
    Crisscross and MCYL like this.

tel
    AVF Regular

Aiming for an ADV for my girlfriend. As a shake and vape it is quite ok and you can get the watermelon, strawberry and coconut and just a slight mango. I think after three days it will get better and the coconut will hit the gelato and become creamier.

After an overnight the coconut has taken on more of a creamy texture. Would probably up the mango to 1.75% and gelato to 1.25%

EDIT:
    So after some tasting I felt the strawberry too much and it lacked some punch. The watermelon sits quite good but when combined with the strawberry gives a bit of a bland and watery feel. The original is still quite a nice vape and if you kinda like it the only thing to change would be up the gelato to 2%, french vanilla to 1% and banana cream to .5%.

Thats said I decided to switch it slightly and try and get more mango and that punch, so pretty much just switched the strawberry values for the mango and also up the other percentages as just previously mentioned. This is a little more to what I like, and you still get that nice fresh watermelon on the inhale, with a nice mango punch. The creams sit lightly and there is a nice strawberry feel.
    Last edited by tel; 16-05-16 at 01:15 PM.
    Crisscross, trumpy955 and MCYL like this.

tel
    AVF Regular

So after vaping on her ADV. Girlfriend says, you know what would be good.... So there it is. As a shake and vape pretty good, and again at least a three day steep to see how it develops. After that who knows.

EDIT:

Well the peach has rolled of quite nicely and it is quite a vibrant flavoured vape. The peach will no doubt continue to tone down more so not sure where it will sit after a couple of weeks. The cinnamon cookie gives a nice feel and is not over strong. I have made some adaptions, as I wanted the creams to come through a little more and give the brandy a bit of a lift.

Apple Pie (FA) 2.25%
    Brandy (FA) 1%
    Brown Sugar (TPA) .5%
    Cinnamon Sugar Cookie (TPA) 1%
    French Vanilla (CAP) 2.5%
    Liquid Amber (FA) .2%
    Vanillin 10% (TPA) 1%
    Yellow Peach (CAP) 5%

PG/VG -RATIO: 30/70
    Last edited by tel; 16-05-16 at 02:04 PM.
    Crisscross, Fatman and MCYL like this.

AVF Regular
    These sound delish Tel. What is the Liquid Amber concentrate like?
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Ps: is Rochelle on 3mg already????!!!!

tel
    AVF Regular
    Yeah she is, pretty much went straight to 3mg because she felt her throat raspy at higher. So we just do everything at that. She still quite often also talks about meeting you that night and pulls out little titbits of info... I will be saying something and Rochelle will go, yes but Zoe said ....

Liquid Amber, I used it to try and get a baked feel, was going to go with more of a liqueur, but Rochelle wanted to stick with baked. Also the idea behind it was just to give the peach a bit of a lift and make sure it punches through.

Notes for Liquid Amber, courtesy of HIC (vaping underground)

HIC's Notes:

Liquid Amber: "The Fermentor". It's the difference between a fresh apple and sweet apple cider.

Very useful for baked fruit and cider flavors. Think of it as a way to slightly ferment the other flavors. One FA vendor describes the standalone flavor well: "Warm and smooth flavor with a hint of fresh fruit and a delicate sourness in the aftertaste."

At 3% standalone, it gives a hint of (apple? pear? something fruity), a bit of sweetness you taste in the far back of your throat, and undertones of sour, like the background warmth and sourness of slightly-hard cider.

Add 0.5-1% Liquid Amber to apple flavors for basic apple cider. If you use mostly Liquid Amber with accents of Pear, Apple, Cherry, Apricot, the stone fruit flavors will come
    through well. Itís similar to adding FA Brandy to fruit, but a much smoother effect.

If you don't have FA Brandy, or if Brandy is too strong for you, Liquid Amber can make a fine substitute in recipes.

Liquid Amber can also boost mild anise and licorice notes in tobacco blends.
    Last edited by tel; 14-05-16 at 01:32 PM.
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hahaha I love that I'm arguing with you through Rochelle, hahahahahaha

I've never had any luck downloading HICs notes, don't think the format likes my iPad. Liquid Amber sounds interesting. I read it described as 'frankincense and myrrh' somewhere but it doesn't spound like that at all from your description.

tel
    AVF Regular

HIC's "My notes on"

That link should work on your ipad, not sure how up to date it is but it is nonetheless a good reference.

I just through it in on a whim and to see if the idea would work.

I definitely wouldn't put anymore sugar cookie in as the cinnamon would become over the top. So the idea is that the brown sugar, cinnamon sugar cookie give a caramelized effect. the peach, brandy and liquid amber, give like a poached glaze thingy. Apple pie and cookie for a bit of crumbly stuff. And just a wee bit of cream in the French vanilla, the vanillin adds more flavour without the need of adding more cream.

AVF Regular
    Is vanillin a very sweet vanilla flavour?

tel
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    Is vanillin a very sweet vanilla flavour?
    Yes it is a sweet vanilla. Which is not a bad thing as long as you don't go overboard with it. So in Fatgut's Grub, it was pretty much 3 drops, and that will help fill out the french vanilla without adding a heavy cream feel, instead keeping it pretty light.

Meet Fatguts
    muscovyduckling likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast