Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: All my DIY juices have lost taste

AVF Regular

All my DIY juices have lost taste

I have been making my own juice for almost 3 months without any probs. I have noticed in the past week all my 3 juices that I make each month, the latest batch seem to have lost flavor to the point they are almost taste less. (I have not changed my Recipe) When I smell my flavor concentrates they don,t seem to have much off a smell anymore either. All my flavor concentrates are between 2 weeks to 3 months old. I keep all my Juices and concentrates at at room temperature in a draw. They have not been exposed to high or cold temp. Except some times I do put a 30ml bottle of e-juice in my Esky for the day while Im at work as Im a Plumber on the road half the day driving between jobs and don,t wont the heat to kill my nicotine. Can time in the Esky effect my Flavor? At first I thought I may be getting a cold and it was effecting my taste and smell. I have also changed tanks coils etc. Any clues?

Current Mods = Joytech Cuboid 200w , eVic-VTC Mini 75w , Istick 120W and 40w , Wismec Reuleaux RX200S
    Current Tanks = Joytech Cubis , Smok TFV4 Mini , Smok TF-RTA G2 , S-body Astral Tank , Uwell Crown , Wotofo Serpent RTA , Geekvape Griffin RTA , Geekvape Griffin 25 RTA , Geekvape Tsunami RDA , Geekvape Avocado RDTA and Velocity v2 RDA clone

currently vaping 10mg Home Brewed E-juice

Jason Richards

AVF Regular
    I did some research and I think I have got vaper’s tongue. Why Does My E-Liquid Lose Its Flavor? | E-Cigarette Reviews and Rankings
    LimeB likes this.

Current Mods = Joytech Cuboid 200w , eVic-VTC Mini 75w , Istick 120W and 40w , Wismec Reuleaux RX200S
    Current Tanks = Joytech Cubis , Smok TFV4 Mini , Smok TF-RTA G2 , S-body Astral Tank , Uwell Crown , Wotofo Serpent RTA , Geekvape Griffin RTA , Geekvape Griffin 25 RTA , Geekvape Tsunami RDA , Geekvape Avocado RDTA and Velocity v2 RDA clone

Jason Richards

AVF Regular
    Yep, you sure do. Try this, pretty well the whole thread:

Help! I broke my taste buds! ( or possible cures for Vapers Tongue )

There's no quick fix I'm afraid, some of the things in there will help.

I will say if you slow your roll and vape less it will help with getting back to where you need to be in conjunction with some of the things in there. Increase your nicotine content for a bit if it helps you not vape so much.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 25-05-16 at 09:28 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Try different flavors and rotate your juices often. That helps me a lot. Try menthol and peppermint.
    merexy likes this.

AVF Regular
    I still get it mate smashin to many flavours

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistic Lady View Post
    Try different flavors and rotate your juices often. That helps me a lot. Try menthol and peppermint.
    I just mixed up some menthol, going to swing past my local vape shop on the weekend they have a taste bar so I can find some juices I can taste and buy.

Jason Richards

AVF Regular
    At least I hope I can still taste some
    btobw likes this.

Jason Richards

AVF Regular
    Bhuja original mix works for me...

I think the spices in the mix "wake up" or stimulate your taste buds.... your e-juice suddenly becomes full of flavour and your stimulated/sensitive taste buds feel wide awake from the spicy slap they just received.

Don't know if works as a long term solution but it's something I stumbled upon by accident several weeks ago and it seems to work for me.

If it doesn't work for you then at least you've had a nice spicy snack that won't sting your ring on the way out
    sc_rufctr likes this.

AVF Regular
    Picked up some Cornwells Apple Cider Vinegar going to try flushing out the mouth with that!
    fabricator4 likes this.

Jason Richards

AVF Regular
    What type of concentrates are you using and how much % flavouring do you mix at?

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast