Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Crisscross
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By MelbAussieguy

Thread: Looking for help

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Looking for help

I fell off the wagon due to a lot happening in my life and also had a very dry cough which i suspected was from the juices i was vaping,maybe they were a bit old i dont really know (about 4 months old i think).
    Now i am back trying to get straight and back to vaping and find that i have forgotten everything about mixing and what to put into the ejuice me up calculator.
    This is what i have so far...
    Nicotine 100mg but unsure if PG or VG
    From the Vaper Caper i bought some doublers and some new VG and PG.

Can any one please advise and help what figures i need to use in the calculator?
    If you can even post a screen shot of Ejuice me up with those figures i would be eternally grateful

Sorry my age is really showing up here.

Best regards Don

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbAussieguy View Post
    I fell off the wagon due to a lot happening in my life and also had a very dry cough which i suspected was from the juices i was vaping,maybe they were a bit old i dont really know (about 4 months old i think).
    Now i am back trying to get straight and back to vaping and find that i have forgotten everything about mixing and what to put into the ejuice me up calculator.
    This is what i have so far...
    Nicotine 100mg but unsure if PG or VG
    From the Vaper Caper i bought some doublers and some new VG and PG.

Can any one please advise and help what figures i need to use in the calculator?
    If you can even post a screen shot of Ejuice me up with those figures i would be eternally grateful

Sorry my age is really showing up here.

Best regards Don
    It should say on the nic bottle if it's in PG. We normally recommend to buy in PG because it travels better.

I vape 60pg/40VG, it's a very common ratio, but a lot of people go 70/30 on older hardware (protanks, Evods etc) or even 50/50 if they like a lot of vapour.

To get the right ratio you need to know what the ratio is in the doublers as well.

edit: 4 month old juices should not cause you much of a problem. If it was something in the vape, then consider if you have a sensitivity to PG. Did it seem harsh to you? If so then you might need to go to a max VG mix.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 28-05-16 at 08:12 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

The ration on the doublers is 50/50.
    Nothing written on the NIC bottle because i split it up into smaller bottles to store the nic
    MelbAussieGuy

AVF Regular
    The ration on the doublers is 50/50.
    Nothing written on the NIC bottle because i split it up into smaller bottles to store the nic
    Always write on the bottles! I've got some from years ago that I would have no idea what was in them if I hadn't labelled them.

It looks like you were vaping 50/50 if that was what you got the doublers in. Does that ring any bells?

AVF Regular
    Can you let a small bottle get to room temp and see what the viscosity is. if it's thickish then it's higher VG if it runs easily the higher PG

Back when you bought it what ratio where you vaping. In 2014 we were pretty much all PG but that's a guess.

I would just mix it as though it was 50/50 and see what it vapes like. Or just get some more from hiliq. If you order today you might have by Friday or at worse Monday week.
    RyanohRyan likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Can you let a small bottle get to room temp and see what the viscosity is. if it's thickish then it's higher VG if it runs easily the higher PG

Back when you bought it what ratio where you vaping. In 2014 we were pretty much all PG but that's a guess.

I would just mix it as though it was 50/50 and see what it vapes like. Or just get some more from hiliq. If you order today you might have by Friday or at worse Monday week.
    Yep, I meant to say if it's relatively easy to draw up in a syringe then it might be PG. If it's as hard as, then it's VG. PG is still runny at freezer temperatures, but VG hardly flows at all.
    RyanohRyan likes this.

Thanks for all the advice folks, worked it out finally
    RyanohRyan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for all the advice folks, worked it out finally
    Glad to hear you are all sorted.