Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: The Baby Stirring/Mixing Tool for 30ml Batches Of E-Liquid.

AVF Regular

The Baby Stirring/Mixing Tool for 30ml Batches Of E-Liquid.

Since getting into DIY liquids I have been researching all kinds of ways to consistently​ mix my nicotine and flavour into the PG/VG. I have read about magnetic stir plates and have the items coming to build one soon. However, because I make 30ml batches at a time I needed something that could quickly stir/mix my juice with no fuss, no hassle and the device needed to be quite small. But what? There's not much out there.

I watched several videos on stirring, people using drills, shaking devices, Ultrasonic Jewerly cleaners etc. I almost bought a jewerly cleaner but then found something I thought might be useful. What I needed was a mixer, a very small one at that.

After some searching around I did find a mixer which is tiny and runs on batteries, its one sold for model hobbiysts who need to stir their tiny bottles of paint quickly. I have one coming and will report in with the outcome.

There is a utube video in the link below of one similar in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHnJUNaMM2E

I was wondering if anyones ever tried one before or has any thoughts?
    Last edited by eLicky; 07-06-16 at 05:59 PM.
    Crisscross, Fatman and sc_rufctr like this.

AVF Regular
    I got a similar size battery mixer at an op shop, which I just rediscovered while cleaning a cupboard today. It is meant for frothing coffee or cocktails or something. I intended to try it for mixing juice. I just didn't know where it had been " stored " by the Mrs until today. I think there may be a chance it will aerate the juice a little too much, but no prob if it does if the juice is used quickly, which it will be in the sub ohm tanks I am trying at the moment. I once tried a section of drinking straw in a drill too. It worked but was a little messy if I was not careful.

AVF Regular
    Like this

AVF Regular
    Well, that was short lived. I just got it out to see what stirrers were included with it, but it was put away with batteries in it and they have leaked everywhere. The battery terminals are totally gone on one end.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeB View Post
    I got a similar size battery mixer at an op shop, which I just rediscovered while cleaning a cupboard today. It is meant for frothing coffee or cocktails or something. I intended to try it for mixing juice. I just didn't know where it had been " stored " by the Mrs until today. I think there may be a chance it will aerate the juice a little too much, but no prob if it does if the juice is used quickly, which it will be in the sub ohm tanks I am trying at the moment. I once tried a section of drinking straw in a drill too. It worked but was a little messy if I was not careful.
    I think I know the one you mean, it can be found on eBay for a few dollars, I have one coming to try but wasn't convinced on the mixing tip because its made to froth coffee in a cup which may cause a lot of airation and unwated splashing/froth.

The end of it looks like this? (I don't think this will work correctly)

The end on the mixer in the OP has a different mixing tip like this.

And what I've also found thanks to a another utube review is the ablity to half the power of the mixer by using a 'dummy' AA battery which will half the mixing speed if required incase the two AA batteries are too rough or cause splashing. (but I will be using a 50ml cup for 30ml liquid to mix in)

laurie9300, merexy and LimeB like this.

AVF Regular
    I've been using a paint gun with 0.051 nozzle. Heat steep, paint gun, allow to settle, nic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eLicky likes this.

AVF Regular
    This one has 4 different attachment, some like little kitchen whisks as well as those ones. None look like you could mix in actual small size dropper bottle which I would like. Prob try ultrasonic eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by eLicky View Post
    I think I know the one you mean, it can be found on eBay for a few dollars, I have one coming to try but wasn't convinced on the mixing tip because its made to froth coffee in a cup which may cause a lot of airation and unwated splashing/froth.

The end of it looks like this? (I don't think this will work correctly)

The end on the mixer in the OP has a different mixing tip like this.

And what I've also found thanks to a another utube review is the ablity to half the power of the mixer by using a 'dummy' AA battery which will half the mixing speed if required incase the two AA batteries are too rough or cause splashing. (but I will be using a 50ml cup for 30ml liquid to mix in)

eLicky likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yes eLicky, I have a couple similar Humbrol ones for mixing hobby paint, they work very well. I got a pair on eBay from the US for under 20 bucks quite a while back.
    eLicky likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    Yes eLicky, I have a couple similar Humbrol ones for mixing hobby paint, they work very well. I got a pair on eBay from the US for under 20 bucks quite a while back.
    This one was $17 AUD plus a little shipping.

The main task is to assure my nicotine is thoroughly mixed evenly through my liquid, I was not comfortable with the methods of simply shaking it through or using a syrngie to plunge up/down after adding everything, it should also help the flavour go through more too.

I'm really glad to hear you've already had some success!
    merexy likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I will be looking at this as i currently use my recip saw to shake my freshly made juice.
    eLicky likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast