Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Artificial sweeteners

Artificial sweeteners

It appears Flavourart don't have artificial sweeteners. Does anyone know of any other concentrate suppliers that either don't use artificial sweeteners. I like my HC flavours, but I have a bad reaction to artificial sweeteners in food for years and it seems even the super low amounts in juice mess with me.

Cheers

Might try ones that use alternative artificial sweeteners like stevia. Do you know if you are sensitive to that? I know one of the Aussie vendors sweetens with that.

-s

joe2tc, I'm a noob, and none of these may help you, but I bought this liquid as I'm also sensitive to different flavours etc.

E-Liquid, ECOpure eliquid

Now nothing there may be what you're looking for, but there may be a ready made juice for you to try. They also have a NZ site, which you can go to. They ship to OZ cheaply. Hope this might help a little.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    joe2tc, I'm a noob, and none of these may help you, but I bought this liquid as I'm also sensitive to different flavours etc.

Now nothing there may be what you're looking for, but there may be a ready made juice for you to try. They also have a NZ site, which you can go to. They ship to OZ cheaply. Hope this might help a little.
    22 AUD Bucks for 1 30ml bottle of juice?
    Fark youd want it to be pretty good. The sun should shine out of the bottle for that price.

A mate gave me 10ml of that bite extra stuff that they sell because he quit altogether. Anyone used that or knows how much to use? I put a bit in a tank and didnt notice any extra Throat Hit.
    Last edited by arth_d; 24-02-12 at 02:52 PM.

CCC
    Payin for the fancy lab coats i think.

Del
    AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by joe2tc View Post
    It appears Flavourart don't have artificial sweeteners. Does anyone know of any other concentrate suppliers that either don't use artificial sweeteners. I like my HC flavours, but I have a bad reaction to artificial sweeteners in food for years and it seems even the super low amounts in juice mess with me.

Cheers

Perfumers Apprentice don't use artificial sweeteners in their concentrates. They do sell Sucralose but certainly don't sweeten their concentrates with it.

When I started I tried sucralose, but it tastes horrid. I did at one point use Stevia but no longer have a need for it. The right PG and VG is often sweet enough and you shouldn't need to sweeten.

Del
    Mushman likes this.
    The original and the best !

Have you tried Ethyl Maltose? It is a sweetening agent , available as crystals ,which you then dilute with PG.

Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post

Yes, I know! But, they are all pharma grade, which makes me personally feel a little less anxious about trying out vaping.

And you do get 20% vat off, and free ship, so it's not that bad. I looked for 30ml bottles out of Halo, RTS (which didn't have small size), and the postage was dearer than that. Plus I'm spending over $150 a week on cigs, so if I use a $20 bottle of juice a week, I'm still winning.
    valleyjohn likes this.

Thanks all for the replies. Good suggestions here. Yeah, I don't really want sweeteners added, the base liquids are certainly sweet enough. My real goal would be to find a flavour concentrate for a typically sweet flavour (fruits etc), that wasn't sweet in itself except for the PG/base in it.

Sucralose may be my worst enemy. I'll continue my search. I've got some tobacco flavours coming in the meantime as I've been vaping flavourless for a few weeks and its a bit dull.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by joe2tc View Post
    Sucralose may be my worst enemy. I'll continue my search. I've got some tobacco flavours coming in the meantime as I've been vaping flavourless for a few weeks and its a bit dull.

Cheers
    That's strange I love sucralose. Not in foods but in juices it's the most 'natural' kind of sweetener I've tasted...if some flavourings just need a bit of sweetening one drop for 5ml can sometimes be the difference between putting it down the sink or making another batch (crazy I know!)

It's easy to over-do it with sucralose, I've definitely experienced that...

Here's an e-mail I got from one of the owners of a top e-juice company in the US - (His juices weren't sweetened by default, you used to have to select an option. He started adding "sweetener recommended" for many juices, so I asked him how I could do this)

Don't mess with water and PG as an attempt to sweeten.

Ethyl Maltol, while in the sugar family, doesn't lend a sweetness on the palette, but rather it
    mostly lends a spun/burnt sugar FLAVOR, without being sweet on the palette.
    So, this would be inadequate for sweetening.

You CAN however, go to your local mart and purchase (in liquid form) either sucralose, or Stevia I've
    heard is great for liquids. Just be sure and use a separate mixing bottle
    and add the sweetener in moderation. This way, if you under or over
    sweeten, you don't ruin a LOT of your liquids trying to find your "sweet
    spot".
    After that me and sucralose been pretty inseparable.

Ethyl Maltol might not be technically a sweetener but it's still very awesome. Worth having.

I read a while ago about someone who had much success using Agave nectar in PG as a sweetener. Worth a try?

Del makes some of my most favourite juices ever and she doesn't use sweetener? I would have never guessed that
    Last edited by Chrisso; 26-02-12 at 07:06 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast