Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Nicotine Calculation

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Nicotine Calculation

Hi
    I had a 60ml Max VG juice, I added 4.2ML Nic on it and shooke it for a while and vaped. It was so strong I just couldnt take it. I used to smoke Dunhill Blue before I quit smoking . Why was it so strong, its giving me headache?
    Do I need to leave it for few hours or days before I can smoke after mixing it with Nicotine?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by deepeshdotcom View Post
    Hi
    I had a 60ml Max VG juice, I added 4.2ML Nic on it and shooke it for a while and vaped. It was so strong I just couldnt take it. I used to smoke Dunhill Blue before I quit smoking . Why was it so strong, its giving me headache?
    Do I need to leave it for few hours or days before I can smoke after mixing it with Nicotine?

You added 4.2ml of nicotine base? what strength, mg per ml, is the nicotine base?
    RogueTomato and deepeshdotcom like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Well unfortunately we'll need a little more info as to the strength of your nicotine base. But even if I use what is the "average" highest amount used (100mg/ml) this should only come to about 6.5mg per ml. I'm no expert but I think more info is needed on your set up and juice as well? eg. Direct lung set up, coil resistance, wattage or voltage used, juice used ect.
    Last edited by RogueTomato; 22-06-16 at 10:11 PM.
    deepeshdotcom likes this.

A government is a body of people, usually notibly ungoverned. - Derrial Book

AVF Regular
    Nic to strong or flavor to strong? What strength is your nic and are you sure your juice is not a doubler?

AVF Regular
    I think that what you mentioned works out to adding 7%, so it really depends on what the starting nic content of your juice was. If your nic was 100% and if your juice was pre-mixed and nic'd at 18mg, then you've upped it to 25mg. The stronger the nic mg, the rougher or more of a throat hit you will get, same applies for the higher PG content.

I was a fairly heavy smoker and started off at 18mg. Pretty much chain vaped for the first 2 or 3 days and then started to slack off on that as I adjusted. After a few months I started dropping it down as it started to feel a bit strong and so on and so forth every few months or so. A couple of times I felt I needed a stronger hit and went from 12mg back to 18mg but couldn't handle it. Should have just vaped more often to get over the temporary hump. I would suggest (IMHO) that from my experience that the extra 7% you put in was too much for you in one hit, you would have been better just adding a couple of percent increase instead. But all is not lost, get yourself a juice calculator and you can work out how to dilute your juice. "E-juice me up" is a good one to use.

In answer to your question, what I've found is that if I add any nic or even want to boost the flavour with some concentrates, then yes, I also find my juice a bit rough unless I leave it for a couple of days with lots of shaking in between to really make sure it's well mixed through.
    Cheers
    Sodd

Thank you all for your replies.. nicotine 100mg/ml
    I use Target 75VTC with .02 omh coil at 500F

Nicotine is too strong, had to take panadole

Quote Originally Posted by Mistic Lady View Post
    Nic to strong or flavor to strong? What strength is your nic and are you sure your juice is not a doubler?
    100MG/ML, its a single not doubler

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    You added 4.2ml of nicotine base? what strength, mg per ml, is the nicotine base?
    100MG/ML Nicotine

AVF Regular
    was the juice 0mg to begin with?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by deepeshdotcom View Post
    100MG/ML Nicotine
    If the juice had no nicotine to start with, you only raised it to 6.54 mg/ml. That's maybe the strongest you would want to be direct lung vaping on. You could try 3mg/ml.

It's normally best to mix in smaller batches until you get everything dialled in.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast