Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fabricator4

Thread: 120ml Dropper bottles

AVF Regular

120ml Dropper bottles

Pardon me if this has been asked a million times.

I'm looking for empty HDPE plastic bottles. I know many of you just get them off your juice supplier or even fast tech and ebay..
    But im looking specifically for bottles that are 120ml in capacity with the unicorn type drip top.
    Does anyone know of a decent place to get them? I need about 5-10 of those.

AVF Regular
    Not the unicorn drip cap, but with disc closures for easy pouring and pump:

125ml Tall PET Pharmacy Bottle - Plastic - Products | Pack My Product

I've got three pumps on my desk these days. Pump the juice in and I'm good to go, but I have 100ml amber glass bottles on the desk, and 250ml amber glass for bulk mixing.

I've travelled with the 100ml pumps upright in my carry on with no problems.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Fab. Saw those but was not sure of the pumps. Do the pumps do a decent job? Basically means u have to pump from the 120ml into dropper tip bottles before using the bottles to fill your tanks?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by maxsmd View Post
    Thanks Fab. Saw those but was not sure of the pumps. Do the pumps do a decent job? Basically means u have to pump from the 120ml into dropper tip bottles before using the bottles to fill your tanks?
    I pump straight into the Subtanks and the Theorem. You'd only need to pump it into a dropper bottle if you have a top fill tank with really tiny fill holes. I don't have much trouble even with the Theorem - just slosh it in there and let it drain down.

I'm using the serum pumps which are only about 1/3 cc per pump, but the lotion pumps will probably move close to 1cc at a time I reckon. I did go with the 100ml amber bottles and the serum pumps (the black ones with a really tiny spout) and it's really convenient having three pumps on the desk. Pump into tanks, pump into drippers, pump into small bottles to take with me - it seems to be working pretty well. Once the 100ml bottle is empty I top it up again from the 250ml glass bottles, though only one flavour is currently mixed in that batch size - the others I'm mixing 50ml or more straight into the 100ml bottles. The only time I use dropper bottles now is for tiny batches while testing.

Most of my tanks I can pour straight in from the neck of a bottle (and have done) so you'll have to decide if it's for you or not. The disk stoppers look like a good option too, if you are definitely going to stay with squeeze bottles.
    maxsmd likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I pump straight into the Subtanks and the Theorem. You'd only need to pump it into a dropper bottle if you have a top fill tank with really tiny fill holes. I don't have much trouble even with the Theorem - just slosh it in there and let it drain down.

I'm using the serum pumps which are only about 1/3 cc per pump, but the lotion pumps will probably move close to 1cc at a time I reckon. I did go with the 100ml amber bottles and the serum pumps (the black ones with a really tiny spout) and it's really convenient having three pumps on the desk. Pump into tanks, pump into drippers, pump into small bottles to take with me - it seems to be working pretty well. Once the 100ml bottle is empty I top it up again from the 250ml glass bottles, though only one flavour is currently mixed in that batch size - the others I'm mixing 50ml or more straight into the 100ml bottles. The only time I use dropper bottles now is for tiny batches while testing.

Most of my tanks I can pour straight in from the neck of a bottle (and have done) so you'll have to decide if it's for you or not. The disk stoppers look like a good option too, if you are definitely going to stay with squeeze bottles.
    Ah, woudnt work for me. My two tanks... the avocado 24, and tfv4 have tiny fill holes. thanks anyway Fab