Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By maxsmd
  • 1 Post By fabricator4

Thread: Acetoin!

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    701

    Acetoin!

    Does anyone know of any conclusive results of acetoin testing in vaping?
    Is it that harmful that we should stop using concentrates with Acetoin?
    I just realised that most of my fav mixes all contain flavours with some acetoin....
    Thats why they say, the bad stuff always tastes better.. Damn.

  2. #2
    LNB
    LNB is offline
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,208
    Bunch of horseshit dude...I smoked for for half my life and didn't give a f*ck about the health issues...I give even less off a f*ck about vaping issues...if your concerned about what your vaping you can always go back to cigarettes...its your call..

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    5,983
    This pretty much covers diketones (lol just noticed diketones in the big word)

    https://www.vapemate.co.uk/blog/what...-t-telling-you

    That being said - Exsmokers are said in some corners never to recover to the point of a never smoker - the damage is already done in many ways - its why many doctors will ask you if you have ever previously smoked and take into consideration your history - even if you last smoked a million years ago - How they will be able to tell if its vaping that caused lung problems or if its hang over ciggarette complications (which contains a tonne of dylactle/ acetonine etc -is beyond me from this perspective..

    On this topic did you know that some food flavourings contain aborted human cells? Dont believe me look up Hec 293 and Senomyx

    My point is that no activity now is without risk -from the air that you breath (look at death toll in china/ india from pollutants) to the water you drink (tasmania stands out here) -

    Vaping is no different - but then as an adult its your duty to weigh the risks and to do the research accordingly

    If really worried -stay away from any cream based flavours which are said to have diketones in them , also tank cracking flavours like banana and cinnamon, and look for flavourings that have been tested


    Look up also dr farsalinos (the leader in this type of research) and wander through his blog
    E-cigarette Research

    maybe some of your questions can be answered there ..

    Goodluck on how you decide to proceed ...
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 18-07-16 at 03:46 AM.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland






    Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs











  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by LNB View Post
    Bunch of horseshit dude...I smoked for for half my life and didn't give a f*ck about the health issues...I give even less off a f*ck about vaping issues...if your concerned about what your vaping you can always go back to cigarettes...its your call..
    Im not exactly bothered, just curious how many people are wary of the ingredients. I know i've screwed my lungs up enough that vaping would probably not make it any worse. I'm not sure vaping is 100% safe, neither do i care. I just wanted to know if its as bad as say directly inhaling car exhaust. Or will my lungs suddenly become a beautiful buttery popcorn land after continuously inhaling at least 20mm of acetoin laced liquids a day. With everything toxic, theres probably a small buffer level that people take risks with. Im just wondering if i'm overly indulging.

    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    This pretty much covers diketones (lol just noticed diketones in the big word)

    https://www.vapemate.co.uk/blog/what...-t-telling-you

    That being said - Exsmokers are said in some corners never to recover to the point of a never smoker - the damage is already done in many ways - its why many doctors will ask you if you have ever previously smoked and take into consideration your history - even if you last smoked a million years ago - How they will be able to tell if its vaping that caused lung problems or if its hang over ciggarette complications (which contains a tonne of dylactle/ acetonine etc -is beyond me from this perspective..

    On this topic did you know that some food flavourings contain aborted human cells? Dont believe me look up Hec 293 and Senomyx

    My point is that no activity now is without risk -from the air that you breath (look at death toll in china/ india from pollutants) to the water you drink (tasmania stands out here) -

    Vaping is no different - but then as an adult its your duty to weigh the risks and to do the research accordingly

    If really worried -stay away from any cream based flavours which are said to have diketones in them , also tank cracking flavours like banana and cinnamon, and look for flavourings that have been tested


    Look up also dr farsalinos (the leader in this type of research) and wander through his blog
    E-cigarette Research

    maybe some of your questions can be answered there ..

    Goodluck on how you decide to proceed ...

    OOOHHHHH aborted cells.. Om Nom Nom Nom!
    Thank you for sending me off in the right direction.
    I'm a strong believer of vaping being the lesser evil and i'd still continue sucking away at my heavy cream based flavours as pleasure always comes with a little evil anyway.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    On this topic did you know that some food flavourings contain aborted human cells? Dont believe me look up Hec 293 and Senomyx
    To be clear, there are no vitamised embryos in the flavourings. HEK stands for "human embryo kidney" and the designation 293 means it was from specific embyonic material collected around 1971/72. The genetic material was then gene sequenced, and genetically modified taste receptors were developed. These receptors are used for evaluating flavourings only, speeding up development of new and very specific receptor oriented flavourings.

    Quote Originally Posted by mercola.com
    It's worth noting that no kidney cells, or part thereof, are actually IN the finished product.4 Rather they're part of the process used to discern new flavors, which will be discussed below.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercola.com
    These cells have been cloned for decades, as they offer a reliable way to produce new proteins using genetic engineering. Senomyx has engineered HEK293 cells to function like human taste receptor cells,12 presumably such as those used in Pepsi Co's taste-testing robot. This was done by isolating taste receptors found in certain cells, and adding them to the HEK cells.

    HEK cells are also widely used within pharmaceutical and cell biology research for the same or similar reasons. It is however the first time HEK cells have been used in the food industry, which carries a certain "ick" factor for many. There's also the issue of just not knowing how these new flavors are created.
    Article is here: How Senomyx Creates Novel Flavor Enhancers but this site has annoying popups... Interesting article though - apparently Pepsi is using this technology to develop a version of Pepsi that uses 60% less sugar but has the same level of sweetness.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 18-07-16 at 08:02 AM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    5,983
    Lol clever! and true! .. but also something that not alot of people seem to know about - still doesnt discount the original fact or that the subject falls into peoples tolerance levels of what they will and won't accept as acceptable in thier food regardless of being replicated or not or for testing purposes or not... (think pro liferswho brought this subject to people attention in the first place- how would they feel about cadbury chocolate for example?)

    Technology is moving so fast and can be so waffled that the truth is we dont know and often times dont understand what exactly it is we are exposing ourselves to in our foods and food manafacture

    am still sometimes amazed what may be considered gras ... esp considering issues of bioaccumulation

    The diketone issue considering the availiable evidence and PH lack of interest in balanced studies into vaping really is just a drop in the ocean considering some ofthe overall issues that science is having atm ..in the end maybe for the moment it is only really about subjectivity, what you will and wont accept and doing your own research I guess ..



    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    To be clear, there are no vitamised embryos in the flavourings. HEK stands for "human embryo kidney" and the designation 293 means it was from specific embyonic material collected around 1971/72. The genetic material was then gene sequenced, and genetically modified taste receptors were developed. These receptors are used for evaluating flavourings only, speeding up development of new and very specific receptor oriented flavourings.





    Article is here: How Senomyx Creates Novel Flavor Enhancers but this site has annoying popups... Interesting article though - apparently Pepsi is using this technology to develop a version of Pepsi that uses 60% less sugar but has the same level of sweetness.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland






    Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs











 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 05:29 PM.