Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ordering concentrates recommendations

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Ordering concentrates recommendations

Hi all,
    My nicotine supply is getting low and was going to start mixing myself. Reading through the DIY sticky and a many of the other threads for the past hour or so, I've decided to go with the Unflavored 100 mg/ml Nicotine Base 250ML from hiliq.

I was also going to order 250 ml Vanilla Custard but had a few questions:

1. It says this:

"E-LIQUID BASE: 50%VG/50%PG, This blend is suitable for smaller devices or traditional e-cigarettes with lower voltage. For MODs and bigger devices, we recommnend 80%VG/20%PG. You can redirect to our OEM to get"

The way I read this was that my concentrate would be 50/50 PG/VG ?

Reading the image it shows the flavor as being VG. If anyone has ordered from them can you advise please ?
    Should I be looking to get an flavor base that's just PG to make the calculations simpler?

but then reading the image

2. Is this too much for personal use considering it states to use within 60 days of opening. I just want to save ordering for a while.

3. Would I be better just getting the nic from hiliq and ordering a flavor concentrate locally and if so, can you recommend where ?

Thanks everyone!

AVF Regular
    Hiliq sell both ejuice and concentrates. Without actually going to the site and looking myself it looks like you're quoting
    the description for their ejuice and that image relates to their ejuice. I think their concentrates are PG only....maybe
    someone with a bit more experience with that side of things can correct me if I'm wrong.

If I can give some advice too....
    250ml is alot of concentrate. Especially if you dont even know if you like the stuff or not. When I'm new to something I
    always prefer to try a smaller sample first. For the price of 250ml you can afford to try a few different flavours and mix
    them (as they are intended to be) to make your own recipes .

edit - I just had a look.These are the details of their concentrates -

Last edited by Tara; 25-07-16 at 04:53 AM.
    RyanohRyan likes this.

Hi

Because the shipping cost is so high, people order 100% PG nicotine, because it is said to store better.
    100 mg/ml is common, partly because u use so little it's easier to get the end PG/VG ratio you want.

People have stored it in the freezer with no deterioration after 4 years.

Normally, they split it up, & have a "working" jar in the fridge.
    Glass is preferable.

People buy VG & PG locally, and there is a good range of concentrates available locally.

I can't help you with Custard.
    I've seen people rave about Capella Vanilla Custard.
    Most concentrates are not "standalone" so you will probably have to add something else, like sucralose, or ethyl maltol.

You may be able to find a good clone recipe for your fave juice.

Juice Factory has the best range of additives atm

http://www.sydneyvapor.com.au/

Vaping Supplies and Australian Vaping Liquids

Vaping Hardware, E-Juice & Electronic Cigarettes - Melbourne Vape Shop – Wick And Wire Co.

are a few with good concentrate ranges (& the syringes, bottles, etc)

I no longer use needles.

Fastech has a great range of PE bottles, and 14G needles.
    Not so good for syringes.

Starting out, you need a lot of 10 ml bottles to test your flavours & recipes.
    Then you can mix up 30ml of recipes you're satisfied with.

Because juices need to steep, I suggest you get some started before you actually run out of juice.

Thanks guys. I think i stared at the screen for too long and got needlessly confused.

Yeh i need to get started asap. Will just get the nic and order rest locally then. Sweet..
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yep the page you are looking at is for RTV (Ready to Vape) Vanilla Custard liquid. You need to go to the DIY Concentrates section like this: HiLIQ Concentrated Flavors 250ml - Wholesale E Cigarette Liquid , Buy liquid nicotine online, Buy E liquid nicotine wholesale and select Vanilla Custard from the drop-down. 250ml is a lot of concentrate though, I don't think I've ever bought such a big bottle. It might make 2.5 to 5 liters of liquid depending on how strong you mix it. You are better of buying off getting a few smaller bottles in a few flavours to try. There's also other possibilities in Australia where you can buy concentrates - some have already been mentioned but I'll throw in Juicewhore who carry a range of brands including Flavour Art who make some of the best flavours, and Aussie Ecigs who carry their own U4EA brand which is very affordable and I've been impressed with some of the flavours that I've tried.

You will need nicotine base in PG. PG travels better because the PG stabilises the nicotine. VG stores better though, because it becomes very much more viscous at freezer temperatures - the molecules move slower, therefore it can't react with anything. We still recommend that people buy nic in PG though. 100mg/ml minimum recommended but you must understand that it's a concentrated poison. You need to be very careful handling it, and it needs to be kept well away from kids and pets. Hiliq is a good choice for Nicotine.

Get some glass bottles from either packmyproduct.com.au or New Directions to store the nicotine in. 100ml or 50ml as it suits you. I prefer the 50ml bottles because it means that I can take smaller amounts out of the freezer each time, but I do have a mix of both. You fill the bottles to the top to minimise the amount of air in the bottles (a small funnel is handy for this, or a large syringe if you are working with PG)

Get VG and PG from basedrop Base Drop

You'll need syringes for mixing, or you can use a small set of digital scales. Syringes are probably easiest when you first start though.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Awesome info thanks heaps all. Ordering tonight
    Tara and RyanohRyan like this.

Ordered Nic from HiLiq
    Ordered PG and VG 1litre of each from BaseDrop
    Now for scales and bottles, etc from fast tech. Might get a cheap 18650 torch for my spare batteries
    and some kapella vanilla custard and maybe some almond :P

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekoh View Post
    Ordered Nic from HiLiq
    Ordered PG and VG 1litre of each from BaseDrop
    Now for scales and bottles, etc from fast tech. Might get a cheap 18650 torch for my spare batteries
    and some kapella vanilla custard and maybe some almond :P
    Like mentioned, the main thing you need in-stock (import) is your nicotine, everything else such as concentrates, PG, VG can be purchased here in Australia from all the vape stores. Base Drop is a good source for PG and VG.

I just order my nicotine 100ml bottles and I'm good to go shopping here for flavours, bottles, mixing tools etc right here in Oz.
    fabricator4 and Mistic Lady like this.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

How is the vanilla custard in terms of taste?

Mostly recipe calls for cap vanilla custard v1 or v2 if I chose hiliq vanilla custard will I just follow the recommended concentrate?

Can't find recomenadtion
    http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/89517

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by character; 08-08-16 at 06:13 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by character View Post
    How is the vanilla custard in terms of taste?
    Hi Liqq custard is pretty ordinary - not a stand out ! You have many many to try - Flavor Art I like but check out sydney vapour listings for custards !
    Last edited by 1ynne; 08-08-16 at 06:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast