Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: adding coffee or vanilla custard concentrated to pre-mix ry4

AVF Regular

adding coffee or vanilla custard concentrated to pre-mix ry4

I just ordered some RY4, vanilla custard, and coffee concentrate from HiLIQ as well as some pre-mix RY4 12mg nic to tide me over until I mixed some up. Unfortunately I ordered and ended up with 150ml RY4 juice instead of 30ml. I find it a little dry and I reckon that it could really do with some cream and sweetness. Cold anyone suggest what I could do with it either with the concentrates I have now or some I can order, I would hate to see it go to waste.
    RyanohRyan likes this.

AVF Regular
    I had some Liqua RY4 18mg 30mil bottle that I mixed with Wicks & Wires 120mil 0 nic Busted Custard. It made a great a great combo in my view. And was a great nic strength as I find too much nic make me cough. I mixed both bottles complete giving me 150mil

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by martybaker View Post
    I just ordered some RY4, vanilla custard, and coffee concentrate from HiLIQ as well as some pre-mix RY4 12mg nic to tide me over until I mixed some up. Unfortunately I ordered and ended up with 150ml RY4 juice instead of 30ml. I find it a little dry and I reckon that it could really do with some cream and sweetness. Cold anyone suggest what I could do with it either with the concentrates I have now or some I can order, I would hate to see it go to waste.
    Coffee, chocolate, and nut flavours work well with RY4, as would your Vanilla Custard. Add 0.25 or 0.5% FA Dessert Ship concentrate for a more tobacco like flavour. A little EM (ethyl maltol) maybe 1 to 2% would probably bring the dryness down a bit.

Also don't knock menthol as an addition until you've tried it. It increases the throat hit considerably without making the vape harsh.

RY4 is a good base for range of flavours, it shouldn't go to waste.
    RyanohRyan likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Yep all these flavour combos should work well together.

The trick is to experiment with small batches first and try and keep notes of how much you add. You'll probably want to get some PG/VG to dilute the flavour after you start adding the concentrates. Be conservative with concentrates, especially the coffee, too much can quickly ruin a good mix.

Try something like this:
    75% - RY4 12mg (7.5ml)
    05% - Vanilla Custard Concentrate (0.5ml)
    20% - PG/VG (2ml)
    ---------------
    = 10ml 9mg
    ---------------
    RyanohRyan likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    Yep all these flavour combos should work well together.

The trick is to experiment with small batches first and try and keep notes of how much you add. You'll probably want to get some PG/VG to dilute the flavour after you start adding the concentrates. Be conservative with concentrates, especially the coffee, too much can quickly ruin a good mix.

Try something like this:
    75% - RY4 12mg (7.5ml)
    05% - Vanilla Custard Concentrate (0.5ml)
    20% - PG/VG (2ml)
    ---------------
    = 10ml 9mg
    ---------------
    I have 100% pg nicotine, could you suggest a mixture to keep it at 12mg?

Thanks
    RyanohRyan likes this.

AVF Regular
    I had some RY4 recently thought it wasnt bad, now after being unflavoured for awhile it is horrible
    Oh how my taste has changed since giving up cigs. I tried a few things but my 30ml bottle of RY4 concentrate remains unopened. Might try the above tricks and see if it is palatable.

Im actually having trouble finding something I like they all just seem overwhelmingly strong even if I dilute way way down.

Thanks for the tips

AVF Regular
    I have 100% pg nicotine, could you suggest a mixture to keep it at 12mg?

Thanks
    10ml of 9mg/ml +
    0.34ml of 100mg/ml
    ------------------------
    = 10.34ml of 12mg/ml
    ------------------------

AVF Regular
    Thanks for that, I intend to try it. Do you measure with a syringe or a scale?
    RyanohRyan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for that, I intend to try it. Do you measure with a syringe or a scale?
    It depends, but for that volume (0.34ml) I would probably use a 1ml syringe.

It would be 0.35224g though, and you should be able to get close enough using scales as long as they read to 0.01g.

For your reference my drops are 0.022g per drop. It doesn't mean yours will be, but it gives you some idea of the difficulties involved if you're dripping nicotine into the bottle on the scales. Scales really come into their own for larger volumes.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 29-07-16 at 11:34 PM.
    RyanohRyan likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've done one with butterscotch, dulce de lech and almonds. Liking it so far as a first offhand mix.
    RyanohRyan likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast