Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Flavour Art concentrate making my mouth dry

AVF Regular

Flavour Art concentrate making my mouth dry

I ordered 3 different Flavour Art concentrates in recently.

• Morning Sun
    • Labyrinth
    • Eclipse

I'm mixing them all at the recommended 2-3% (3% actually)

I think they all taste excellent, true to their vague descriptions, especially some fruity notes coming through.

The issue I'm having is the Eclipse flavour is making my mouth extremely dry after a few draws on it. The other 2 flavours don't cause the same dehydration. Using the same bottle of nic, the same PG and VG bottles. My mouth goes very dry like I licked cardboard and I need a drink.

Do you think the Eclipse might need to air or steep to cure it?

its a shame because its probably my favourite from the ones I ordered.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eLicky View Post
    The issue I'm having is the Eclipse flavour is making my mouth extremely dry after a few draws on it.
    It sounds like it may be way too strong, really.

I've just tested FA Tahitian Lime CP. I think it might be a bit strong at 2%. It's very promising, but more as an adjunct flavour for something else. Key Lime Pie, Lemon Lime Sherbert, something like that.

Edit: mix a tester of Eclipse at 1% but don't try it straight away. Leave it until tomorrow.
    eLicky likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    It sounds like it may be way too strong, really.

I've just tested FA Tahitian Lime CP. I think it might be a bit strong at 2%. It's very promising, but more as an adjunct flavour for something else. Key Lime Pie, Lemon Lime Sherbert, something like that.

Edit: mix a tester of Eclipse at 1% but don't try it straight away. Leave it until tomorrow.
    Alright, I'll try at 1%. Its quite strong at 3% so you could be onto something.

AVF Regular
    Yes too strong, try 1.5 to 1.9%, add some cream and may be cake.... I don't think it is mend to be a stand alone.
    eLicky likes this.

AVF Regular
    Oh and it would need steeping.
    eLicky likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'd already made a batch up at 1% as Fab recommended. I will update when I try it.
    fabricator4 and Mistic Lady like this.

AVF Regular
    Doing this is vital to understanding that one flavour before you start mixing it with other things.

It gives you an idea what you might like about the flavour. Evaluate inhale, finish, nose exhale, throat hit. Then think about what the flavour reminds you of and what it would go well with. You'll start getting lots of ideas.

There might be something you don't like about it - for example harsh or rough flavours can become great when mixed with a more creamy one.
    eLicky likes this.

AVF Regular
    Doing this is vital to understanding that one flavour before you start mixing it with other things.

It gives you an idea what you might like about the flavour. Evaluate inhale, finish, nose exhale, throat hit. Then think about what the flavour reminds you of and what it would go well with. You'll start getting lots of ideas.

There might be something you don't like about it - for example harsh or rough flavours can become great when mixed with a more creamy one.
    I quite like the Eclipse on its own atm providing I can get the percentage correct and lose the dry mouth.

IIf I can mix at 1% I'll be happy, that's a lot of 30ml batches from 10ml's of concentrate.

I had another Flavour Art concentrate arrive late yesterday called 'Black Fire' which is from their tobacco line. It smells like someone threw the leftovers of their BBQ fire ashes inside the bottle and the most potent concentrate I've had here. I've had to contain it inside a plastic satchel bag to ease the odour polluting my room.

Don't know If I'm game to even try it...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eLicky View Post
    I quite like the Eclipse on its own atm providing I can get the percentage correct and lose the dry mouth.

IIf I can mix at 1% I'll be happy, that's a lot of 30ml batches from 10ml's of concentrate.

I had another Flavour Art concentrate arrive late yesterday called 'Black Fire' which is from their tobacco line. It smells like someone threw the leftovers of their BBQ fire ashes inside the bottle and the most potent concentrate I've had here. I've had to contain it inside a plastic satchel back to ease the odour polluting my room.

Don't know If I'm game to even try it...
    Yes it's a strong one, but people who use it speak highly of it. You need to use it very sparingly as an adjunct flavouring, but still do the testing. You'll probaby need to do the less than 1% testing on it. Did you see the extra instructions I wrote for doing that?

AVF Regular
    Yes it's a strong one, but people who use it speak highly of it. You need to use it very sparingly as an adjunct flavouring, but still do the testing. You'll probably need to do the less than 1% testing on it. Did you see the extra instructions I wrote for doing that?
    No, don't think I saw how to mix under 1%, maybe missed it. I will check it out.

I get enough enjoyment for the $4.90 it cost making people smell it.
    fabricator4 and Redfred like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast