Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AVF Regular

Ideas for Musk concentrate?

On a whim, I added a 30ml of U4EA musk concentrate to my order from Aussie ecigs. Just recently I've been attracted to more aromatic vapes like Chai, Turkish delight, musk etc. I think it was the the Hiliq "Dragon's Tail" liquid that did it to me. I know, weird, right?

Anyway it turns out its a pretty 'authentic' musk as far as these things go. I don't think I've heard of a bad musk concentrate now that I think of it. From my tasting notes:

U4EA Musk. 2%
    Inhale: Sweet Musk
    Finish: Candy Musk
    Nose exhale: Candy Musk
    Notes: Strong enough to enjoy

So, a hole in one on the testing. Throat hit which I don't normally record was negligible, but I'm not too concerned - I find TH is variable depending on what I'm doing/eating/drinking/mood/disposition etc.

The question is, now that I've got it, a single note juice isn't that tempting though I think I could vape this long term, does anyone have a suggestion for something more complex that uses it. Vaping it is good, but it's triggering no ideas since about the only thing I've eaten that is 'musk' is musk sticks, and this is it to a tee.

I think I had ideas of adding it to my Dragon's Tail recipe that I'm working on, but it doesn't quite fit.

I did find this one, but it looks a little weird:
    e-Liquid Calculator :: DIY Beechies Musk ejuice
    I've also never tried 'Beechies'

Ideas?
    Last edited by fabricator4; 06-08-16 at 10:32 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Oh, just discovered the secret to TH with musk, at least on my Production RDA. At higher temps it rocks :-)

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Check this out e-Liquid Calculator :: DIY "Mad Murdock's Maha Ras" - clone by shutdown924 ejuice

It is pretty good, and very close to Maha Ras. The Mary Jane seems to knock a bit of the candy like sweetness off and give it more of an earthy tone. The coconut in there is weird too as coconut extra at 5% doesn't taste like coconut at all.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Check this out e-Liquid Calculator :: DIY "Mad Murdock's Maha Ras" - clone by shutdown924 ejuice

It is pretty good, and very close to Maha Ras. The Mary Jane seems to knock a bit of the candy like sweetness off and give it more of an earthy tone. The coconut in there is weird too as coconut extra at 5% doesn't taste like coconut at all.
    Thanks! That's another one I would never have thought of. Yeah, that's a lot of coconut! Argh, now I have to get an MJ flavoured concentrate as well LOL. Interesting.

I had to mix another tester of Musk and vape the arse off it when I didn't actually expect to like it.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)

Why Oh Why ???

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Not a recipie but an idea - musk can overpower all - even in cooking

Try mixing a little with melon maybe a drop or two of vanilla take it very easy on the musk so it wont overpower the melon (these flavours should work well togeather ) vanila will bridge the melon and musk nicely

if want to be super fancy add a light drop of berries or strawberry - but make sure it doesnt overpower the melon or the musk (simplicity is often best and the melon should be the star)

Now you have to anchor the whole lot - a base if you will- cause the melon and musk togeather should be very light in flavour (you wont put in more than a drop or two of musk will you! -_ -)

you need something heavy to give your juice a new dimension - the musk will act as a bridge between the lighter melon and the choice of heavier flavour

I would suggest a heavier tobacco flavour or a fig, or a fig and chocolate, or a chocolate -

Then some sweetener

Also just a drop or two of musk would work well in an ambrosia salad ejuice - heres a simple recipe for one e-Liquid Calculator :: DIY Ambrosia Salad ejuice (although I would drop the cherries and have apples or grape or bothg instead if working with musk)

Creating complex ejuice is not unlike creating layers in cooking - just need to get the ratios right and follow your nose ...
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 07-08-16 at 03:01 AM.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Creating complex ejuice is not unlike creating layers in cooking - just need to get the ratios right and follow your nose ...
    Some nice ideas there, thanks!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    Why Oh Why ???
    Wrong musk LOL. I suspect the smell of sweaty bovine is completely different...

AVF Regular
    Remember when essiemessie was talking about her fave blackberry juice, that had an incense like quality to it? I think musk might work into something like that nicely. So what about a blackberry/musk/earl grey tea concoction? Or blackberry/musk/touch of pipe tobacco?

AVF Regular
    I also have an Inawera concentrate called Smoked Plum that I think would work well with musk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast