• 1 Post By buttercup
  • 1 Post By Wombats1
  • 3 Post By gtadmin
  • 1 Post By eLicky

Thread: 100mg PG Base Nicotine in the Freezer 1-Month

AVF Regular

100mg PG Base Nicotine in the Freezer 1-Month

Hello,

I was wondering if there might be something wrong with my 100ml bottle of nicotine.

I got one free when Hiliq had that special recently so many people will remember that time-frame.

When it arrived I stored one bottle (sealed) inside a lunchbox inside the freezer. I have cracked it open yesterday and it seems to be giving a peppery taste and a little bit of a sore throat. It should have been ok stored in the freezer being PG base for this time in the Hiliq bottle yes?

For what its worth I did not shake the bottle (I forgot) before mixing, maybe that is the problem?

The liquid is still quite clear, no yellowing or off colour.

I am a bit bummed because I might need to order some more next week now...
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

AVF Regular
    The only other thing I can think of is I had some new cotton arrive, one I've never tried before.

This is adding to the confusion.

Providing someone can tell me: "yeah bro, I stored it like that - it was fine"

Then I'd feel inclined its the cotton, or a matter of not shaking the nic before mixing.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    are you correcting the percentage to accommodate 100mg nic in your mixes?

anyway, read this somewhere else for what its worth
    not my words, copied and pasted from another source but may help

Steps to take to narrow down if that harsh peppery taste is coming from either the NIC, the PG or the VG.

Peppery or harsh taste is usually caused by old or cheaply extracted Nicotine solution. Or it could simply be that your vaping a strength that's to high for you. The following procedure will help you determine what base component is causing the issue and what you can do to tweek your base to fit your needs.

Step 1. Vape just the PG alone (No NIC, VG, DW or flavoring). If no pepper taste is detected then.

Step 2. Vape just the VG alone (No NIC, PG, DW or flavoring). If no pepper taste is detected then.

Step 3. Mix your usual base (NIC/PG/VG) to your usual vaping strength (6mg, 12mg, 18mg what ever it is....) and don't add flavoring. Vape this base and If you get the peppery taste then you know it's the NIC and not the VG, PG or flavoring.

Now you can carry that one step further, if your usual vaping strength is let say 12mg reduce the base to let say 9mg and see if it's less peppery. If it's better then you found your new vaping strength.

Then from there you can adjust your PG/VG ratio to smooth it out even further (all done without flavoring).

For example lets say you found that 9mg is much smoother then 12mg but not smooth enough.

Try different PG/VG combos at 9mg such as 60VG/40PG or 70VG/30PG/5%*DW or 80VG/20PG/7 - 10%*DW.

Note: * DW = Distilled water

Once you found the base that works for you repeat your favorite mixes using the new base and boy will you notice a huge difference in flavor.

If you are quitting cigarettes or have just recently quit you may be concerned about the effects of nicotine withdrawal. Well I was a smoker for 40 years and this method of adjusting the base concerned me as well. I can say with all honesty that the Nicotine reduction did not affect me at all. And others reported that if they did display withdrawal symptoms the effects lasted an hour or so but their bodies adjusted very quickly to it. Also if you’re getting a harsh peppery taste this usually means that your NIC level is too high in the first place.

And that my friends is how you adjust your base to fit your needs.
    eLicky likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for your help.

I don't think its any problem from Hiliq, their stuff is always perfect as was the first bottle from this order.

More a matter of how I stored, it maybe.. :/

AVF Regular
    Mines been in the freezer (first order) for a couple of months (100mg/ml) its still in the bottle I got it in and is fine so should not be the storage (different batch though of course) you sure its not 200mg/ml its on the bottle 10% or 20%??
    eLicky likes this.
    Smoke free since april 2016

Super Moderator
    I bought some last August and bottled it yesterday (yeah, I know I'm slack) and it was almost clear with no overpowering smell ... looks like good nic (and I'll probably try it ... in 10 years time)
    Last edited by gtadmin; 19-08-16 at 10:28 PM.
    shaneo, eLicky and Chrisso_88 like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Its definitely 100mg/ml on the bottle.

At this stage, I think it was the new cotton used in my Griffin 25 and maybe fractionally that I didn't shake the nic base bottle. Because I've put a new stock coil in my Aspire Cleito and the same juice is vaping fine so far. I've also made up another batch this time with the nic base well shaken before adding it but need to let it settle.

Thanks for the reassurance in storage.

I will update again if anything strange happens from here.
    Wombats1 likes this.