Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Hiliq Concentrate

AVF Regular

Hiliq Concentrate

Does anyone mix below the recommended 8% mix here? Or what would be your start up %when mixing?

I notice that some flavour are quite potent (coffee, wafer, orange) where even at 5% it still can give your nostril a kick.

AVF Regular
    I always used to mix low when I vaped flavoured.

Start 1/4 of the recommended... you can always add more if it's not strong enough.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    As a general rule I mix their concentrates at 10%. However as you mention some are quite potent, Blueberry is another as well, only 0.5 - 1% is needed. I usually blend flavours so still stick to my 10% rule. But if I'm making blueberry cheesecake it would be like 0.8% blueberry and 9.2% cheesecake.

Not tried wafer yet but I now have some, also cereal is quite strong, orange and coffee as well.
    RyanohRyan likes this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    I always used to mix low when I vaped flavoured.

Start 1/4 of the recommended... you can always add more if it's not strong enough.
    That's a fair point. I will definitely go lower on some of the strong flavour profiles.

Cams
    As a general rule I mix their concentrates at 10%. However as you mention some are quite potent, Blueberry is another as well, only 0.5 - 1% is needed. I usually blend flavours so still stick to my 10% rule. But if I'm making blueberry cheesecake it would be like 0.8% blueberry and 9.2% cheesecake.

Not tried wafer yet but I now have some, also cereal is quite strong, orange and coffee as well.
    Wow, I will keep in mind about the Blueberry as I just received some as well. The Wafer is definitely potent at 8% and will blend nicer after a week. It's still up front but not as dominant. Made another batch with 3% and if it's still strong I may do 1% and below as you suggested.

Coffee is very strong, really dark and stains the coil after a tank but no crazy gunk. I tried orange on a cream blend and all I can taste is just the orange at 8%! Both I think I will mix at very low percentage from now on.
    RyanohRyan likes this.

AVF Regular
    I usually mix flavours, use a little of the strong flavour and more of the weaker flavour. I have made 2 juices with just one concentrate being custard and cheesecake, both were 10%. They both need a little steeping or you could just start at 12% and vape away.

Using a flavour as a back note, ie cheesecake, milk, custard then add whatever takes you fancy normally around 2%. Strawberry needs at least 4%. Their raspberry is delicious and lemon makes a nice juice. Something like wafer would generally be used to add another layer (flavour) to a mix, strawberry 4% cheesecake 5% wafer 1%. I just gives a little complexity to a juice. Same with coffee, milk and cream would be the main componant with some coffee added.
    RyanohRyan likes this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Their coconut at 5% is too strong for me, next batch will be 3%, I guess a lot will come down to personal preference
    RyanohRyan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    Using a flavour as a back note, ie cheesecake, milk, custard then add whatever takes you fancy normally around 2%. Strawberry needs at least 4%. Their raspberry is delicious and lemon makes a nice juice. Something like wafer would generally be used to add another layer (flavour) to a mix, strawberry 4% cheesecake 5% wafer 1%. I just gives a little complexity to a juice. Same with coffee, milk and cream would be the main componant with some coffee added.
    Thanks for the tips! On my next batch, I will definitely play around more with those flavours at lower concentrates to add some complexity. I just did some grape 8%, wafer 3%, cream 5% and they were lovely! Love their grapes! It's more of a candy grape rather than fruity grape.

Quote Originally Posted by swervyn View Post
    Their coconut at 5% is too strong for me, next batch will be 3%, I guess a lot will come down to personal preference
    I agree. Lots of trial and error ahead in the lab (bathroom) for me.
    Cams likes this.

AVF Regular
    Guys where do u store ur concentrates got mine this arvo 14 different flavors left em on my bedside got home and the whole house smells like a vape shop my garage gets pretty hot in summer does heat affect quality of concentrates.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    Guys where do u store ur concentrates got mine this arvo 14 different flavors left em on my bedside got home and the whole house smells like a vape shop my garage gets pretty hot in summer does heat affect quality of concentrates.
    I'll just leave this here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post

same goes for storage,
    if you want the cheap way out a $5 lockable toolbox or petty cash tin.
    most concentrates are PG based so i keep mine in the fridge/freezer under lock and key.
    except for pg based nic that goes in the freezer in a lockable box

AVF Regular
    Lockable box...

Wouldn't want those pesky kids eating my flavourings, no matter how runny it makes their poop.
    fabricator4 likes this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast