Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fabricator4

Thread: Adjusting nic mg's in 60ml bottle when already mixed

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Adjusting nic mg's in 60ml bottle when already mixed

Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone can guide me in the right direction with their awesome maths skills. I've mixed up a 60ml bottle with 7mg (where the nic strength is 100mg in a base of 100pg).

The ratios are 50pg/50Vg where 50% of the 60ml bottle was flavour ie: 30ml doubler. So I put it in my little e-juice calculator and had to mix 4.2 ml of the nic, 10.8 of the PG and 15ml of Vg. I mixed it up wrong as I should have made it 5mg strength. Can anyone out there show me what I need to do to dilute this down to a 5mg mix?
    Thanks

AVF Regular
    60 x 7mg/ml is 420mg total, enough for 85ml of liquid at 5mg/ml.

You need to add 25mg/ml to your 60ml. I'd just add equal parts PG/VG to keep the ratio the same.

It sounds like the calculator you were using doesn't work well with doublers (it pays to do a double check - 5 x 60 is 300mg total, or 3ml of nic base not 4.2)
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thanks for your reply fabricator4, the calculator wasn't wrong, I put in the details for a 7mg mix, instead of for a 5mg mix. So I made the 7mg, but want to now dilute that 60ml mix down to 5mg. So based on what you said, do I need to put my 7mg mix in a bigger bottle and add 25ml of PG/VG to make it now a 5mg mix in 85ml?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia_Zen View Post
    Thanks for your reply fabricator4, the calculator wasn't wrong, I put in the details for a 7mg mix, instead of for a 5mg mix. So I made the 7mg, but want to now dilute that 60ml mix down to 5mg. So based on what you said, do I need to put my 7mg mix in a bigger bottle and add 25ml of PG/VG to make it now a 5mg mix in 85ml?
    Yep, that would do it. If you didn't have any larger bottles you would need to do it in batches. Whatever is easiest.
    Dhufish likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.