Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Question on nicotine

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question on nicotine

Hello vapers

I'm new to the DIY thing and I've come across a bit of a issue. When I was buying RTV juice I was usually getting 50/50 at 6mg and found it smooth and satisfying.

With DIY however I try to replicate that using a calculator but I find the throat hit is much more harsh then the RTV stuff. To start with I tried mixing single flavors in order to not over complicate things. My first few mixes have been steeping for about a week and some of them seem to be getting more bearable and others are still harsh.

I've also mixed a couple at 0mg and 3mg to see if it was the % used or the supplies I purchased were ok. These seem to not have a throat hit at all for 0mg and less harsh at 3mg. I guess what Im trying to say is i'm fairly certain it is the nicotine.

The nicotine I use is brand new from Hiliq and is 72mg and to make a 15ml bottle I used 1.25mls to achieve 6mg.

So my questions: Can anyone give me a tip what i'm doing wrong? I read somewhere that nicotine from different suppliers can taste a bit different, could this be the case? Does the throat hit reduce the more the liquid is allowed to steep?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but Ive been unable to find the answer.

Thanks in advance

AVF Regular
    What tank and coil are you vaping on?

from what i've been reading some people are more sensitive to nic then others , the common suggestion seems to be try different suppliers . i'd dare say nudenicotine would be the next stop. maybe try there smooth Salt sample and a normal nic sample
    m8j2a likes this.
    Topbox mini - this week

Melo 3 with ceramic .5 coils

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    6mg is probably too strong of a throat hit for lung hits coupled with a 50/50 mix.
    I do 70/30pg or 80/20pg with similar ohms. 3mg is enough for me.

Maybe with the RTV liquid, there were more flavours to blend with the nicotine. Now that you use single basic mixes, the nicotine is more noticeable.
    Vapntime and m8j2a like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by m8j2a View Post
    The nicotine I use is brand new from Hiliq ..
    Did you know that HiLiq is about to introduce NTN (non tobacco nicotine)? It is synthetic, and presumably does not have some of the trace contaminants that you might find in nic. extracted from tobacco. A couple of vapers have got free samples from HiLiq (that offer has now ended, AFAIU) and report that it does indeed 'taste smoother' than Tobacco Derived Nic.

HiLiq reported they expected to be able to offer NTN for retail sale sometime this month. They have not finalised pricing yet, but expected 10% NTN would be around the price of their high concentration nic. (I was not able to determine if they meant the 99% or 99.9% nic., but noted that although either were significantly more expensive than 10% TDN, neither was anywhere near 10x the price of the 10%).
    m8j2a likes this.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

Thanks for all the replies. Ill look at sourcing from a different vendor.

I was wondering, could the problem be caused because im using a nicotine base? VS pure nicotine? There is a big price difference and I was thinking maybe using pure nicotine would eliminate the peppery throat hit.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by m8j2a View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. Ill look at sourcing from a different vendor.

I was wondering, could the problem be caused because im using a nicotine base? VS pure nicotine? There is a big price difference and I was thinking maybe using pure nicotine would eliminate the peppery throat hit.
    Nicotine base is the way to go. DO NOT use or purchase pure nicotine, you need a lab and major protective gear for that. The most well known vendors for what most consider the best quality nicotine base are Nude Nicotine, Vapers Tek and CarolinaXtract. Just google them. You want 100mg/ml nicotine base.
    m8j2a likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapntime View Post
    Nicotine base is the way to go. DO NOT use or purchase pure nicotine, you need a lab and major protective gear for that. The most well known vendors for what most consider the best quality nicotine base are Nude Nicotine, Vapers Tek and CarolinaXtract. Just google them. You want 100mg/ml nicotine base.
    Hiliq now have synthetic nicotine they call NTN (non-tobacco...) Very low odour and *very* smooth. Price wise it's probably on par with some of those options if you figure in shipping (about US$68 for 100ml, to your door). For anyone who imports premium product from the US or Europe, it would have to be worth a look.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 18-11-16 at 10:32 PM.
    Vapntime, Vaporific and m8j2a like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Hiliq now have synthetic nicotine they call NTN (non-tobacco...) Very low odour and *very* smooth. Price wise it's probably on par with some of those options if you figure in shipping (about US$68 for 100ml, to your door). For anyone who imports premium product from the US or Europe, it would have to be worth a look.
    Very interested, have some on the way. Still some issues with syn nic though. I won't go into them here but google works .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast