Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: First Try

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

First Try

Both my nicotine and concentrates arrived yesterday, which was a nice surprise. When I opened the concentrates to smell them I thought the JF Espresso Super Concentrate smelled more like a tobacco. That seems confirmed after mixing up a 10ml batch tonight (at the moment the smallest I can do without more accurate tools). I'm sure it's a tobacco flavour and not coffee. It's a very nice tobacco flavour, but I can't see how any amount of steeping will turn it into coffee. I don't know if there was an error when portioning it out because there's nothing in the description or the reviews that suggests it should be anything other than coffee.

However I did learn that mixing is not hard to do, and quite satisfying, and I can imagine that it will be a lot of fun when I start putting flavours together. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up the motivation through winter (when I tend to get a little depressed), or mix up enough to last through.
    Tara, AllyP, moodyblue2 and 2 others like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Good on you MarkT you're doing great already, keep it up

At least you like the flavour so that's a bonus.
    MarkT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    At least you like the flavour so that's a bonus.
    Yes that's true, and with the small amount you need to use with those super concentrates, that flavour alone could probably last me through winter.
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    Both my nicotine and concentrates arrived yesterday, which was a nice surprise. When I opened the concentrates to smell them I thought the JF Espresso Super Concentrate smelled more like a tobacco. That seems confirmed after mixing up a 10ml batch tonight (at the moment the smallest I can do without more accurate tools). I'm sure it's a tobacco flavour and not coffee. It's a very nice tobacco flavour, but I can't see how any amount of steeping will turn it into coffee. I don't know if there was an error when portioning it out because there's nothing in the description or the reviews that suggests it should be anything other than coffee.

However I did learn that mixing is not hard to do, and quite satisfying, and I can imagine that it will be a lot of fun when I start putting flavours together. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up the motivation through winter (when I tend to get a little depressed), or mix up enough to last through.
    Sometimes its good to start with less than the recommended % and work your way up - I find most companies seem to overdo the recommended amount. less can be more at times
    MarkT likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Yes that's true, and with the small amount you need to use with those super concentrates, that flavour alone could probably last me through winter.
    Don't forget to try unflavoured before your taste buds get to corrupted, it's a good back up if ya run out of flavour and great for vapers tongue.
    Rodrocket, Cat and MarkT like this.

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Don't forget to try unflavoured before your taste buds get to corrupted, it's a good back up if ya run out of flavour and great for vapers tongue.
    I've tried 100% VG and it tasted a bit funky; I wondered if my VG was off. The next day I was getting whiffs of the same funky smell at work, so it might have been me . I'll try an unflavoured PG/VG 30/70 mix with nicotine soon and see what that's like.
    Rodrocket, rockmoose, Cat and 1 others like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    I've tried 100% VG and it tasted a bit funky; I wondered if my VG was off. The next day I was getting whiffs of the same funky smell at work, so it might have been me . I'll try an unflavoured PG/VG 30/70 mix with nicotine soon and see what that's like.
    That's all I use these day's, it has a taste to it with nic in it but I am using 70 Pg, If you go to high on the Vg it can get a bit to sweet but some folks like it that way.
    rockmoose and Cat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    Sometimes its good to start with less than the recommended % and work your way up - I find most companies seem to overdo the recommended amount. less can be more at times
    Such precision will have to await new tools. I've got a precision scale coming from fasttech (mixing by weight looks like the way I want to go), but also some 1ml syringes which will probably arrive much sooner. For this batch I used five drops of the concentrate (the other ingredients were measured), which is what eJuice Me Up suggested for the recommenced percentage, but I have no way of knowing if that was anywhere near accurate.
    Cat likes this.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Good on you for trying. I'm waiting on some concentrate to have a go myself so thanks for the inspiration.
    Rodrocket and MarkT like this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    As long as you keep good notes Mark, mixing by drips as you're doing can work well. Be aware that a drip is not a drip, so include in your notes exactly what bottle, or brand you are using, so the amounts used can be replicated, increased or decreased, with ease.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast