Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Average cost per 30ml DIY

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Average cost per 30ml DIY

Hey guys,

I was interested in calculating how much it costs to mix up a 30ml batch of DIY juice.

If you vape 3mg 70VG, here's what I figured:

Capella Flavour Concentrates: $2.16 (at 15% flavouring, $4.80/10ml)
    VG: $0.67 (at $15/500ml)
    PG: $0.05 (at $15/500ml)
    Nic: $0.09 (at $100/1000ml 100mg)

Total: $2.97 per 30ml

I have only factored in postage for the nicotine, as this is usually the only item you can't get shipped for free.

Obviously this cost will change depending on nic strength, flavour percentage and type used, as well as volume and place purchased - but it'll be in this ballpark.

I have not added the cost of bottles either, as one can reuse the 30ml glass bottles from storebought juice.

Would love to know how much you guys figure you're saving on yours

Steve.
    Last edited by 5555; 13-01-17 at 01:54 AM.
    RyanohRyan likes this.

AVF Regular
    I did some calculations a few days ago, I'm even reluctant to share them incase Australian Goverment reads.

But here it is anyway...

30mls of (unflavoured) e-juice lasts my 2-3 days, the same amount of time a 25gram packet of tobacco would last. The tobacco pouch I was buying would be well in the league of $30 per pack these days. When buying in bulk I can make that 30mls of unflavoured e-juice for 50 cents Australian. Its really unbelievable and I dread the day we're shut down.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

AVF Regular
    About $6 for unflavoured 50mg + WTA 30ml

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Getting about the same costs here. So cheap and tasty.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

Super Moderator
    And people wonder why I am so against the current average $1 + per ml price point insisted on by so many " artisan/"mixologist'/insert-mystical-adjective-here" retailers of e-liquid ... sure i believe you should get paid for your effort and initiative... but mixing up a 10 litre bucket and bottling it into 330 bottles and charging 7-15,000 $'s for it is a license to print money ( or relieve you of yours lol )
    Even worse when you have to add your own PG and nic to make up the 30ml ( in the case of aussie doublers ) as you are really paying for just flavour and base ( and the "27 years" it took them to finagle the recipe even tho they have only been in business for 3 months )

( sorry I am such a cynic lol )
    giruvian, gtadmin, CMB and 14 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    My ADV costs me $50 for 500mls - only make the one single flavor juice ( around 10% Nic, 5% flavour) and do it in bulk because I am lazy with juice making.
    Thats a massive saving and I like it better than any juice on the market - Got sick of paying $30 for 30ml of juice that I would just pif on. (only exception is Blacknote which I consider worth the $$$ for my pipes)
    Totally agree with your comments FatMan - too many cowboys mixing up juice in their kitchens - then catching newbies with over pricing whilst they have next to nil overheads.
    Fatman, DogMan, Fawks and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Mine used to be for my usual unflavoured"

$0.47

But now im using NTN, and with the new 1Lt bottle of VG from Aussie Evigs (bit more exxy with postage than normal):

$2.90

Im only using Nic/VG/DW these days

Luckily distilled water remains at its $0.001 cost (5%/1.5ml) per 30ml....$1,60 for 2 litres, ill be leaving that bottle to disley in my will

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    And people wonder why I am so against the current average $1 + per ml price point insisted on by so many " artisan/"mixologist'/insert-mystical-adjective-here" retailers of e-liquid ... sure i believe you should get paid for your effort and initiative... but mixing up a 10 litre bucket and bottling it into 330 bottles and charging 7-15,000 $'s for it is a license to print money ( or relieve you of yours lol )
    Even worse when you have to add your own PG and nic to make up the 30ml ( in the case of aussie doublers ) as you are really paying for just flavour and base ( and the "27 years" it took them to finagle the recipe even tho they have only been in business for 3 months )

( sorry I am such a cynic lol )
    Its not just you, ejuice is the fricking inkjet ink of the vaping world, outrageous what some people pay for unicorn tears. I dont and didnt mind when i started, paying $8/$10 for a 15ml doubler, and the occasional 30ml singler of Jam Dizzle for $14 , but the purveyor of my favourite vape establishment i think knew quite early on i wouldnt be sniffing around the boutique unicorn tears stuff.

I tend to think theres quite a few people out there take their cues from reviewers who spruik unicorn tears flavours and people buy it because they want to feel l33t...p.s. i never want to feel l33t in any aspect of life....im not a follower

Theres a certain wank factor to some juices, like youre not cool if you havent ever had Pluid....i havent, my life in incomplete

Its almost as bad as those 3am infomercials about magical berries from the Sonoran desert that have bene used by the indigenous tribes for centuries, until some white guy with a marketing plan rocked up and "discovered it"

No juice ive ever heard of has actually been only found in one specific location on earth, growing as a moss on only rocks that face east...

My shackles get raised if i read the terms like "lovingly crafted" or "drizzled gently" when reading juice descriptions...its just some chunt with some bottles of flavours, a bucket and a measuring jug...i draw the line at "notes on the exhale" people. try and use sugary bs and you lose me right from the word go.

Take this description of Jam Dizzle: "This flavour is all about the mouth-filling cinnamon doughnut taste, with the sweetness of strawberry jam on the exhale.". Thats both enough, and my outer limit

The kind of hipster artisinal stuff needs to be stamped out before a need for a beard starts to creep in - NOTHING is worse than a vaping fricking hipster...feel free to shoot them on sight, the police will give you a pass, and a ride home to your door, via a bottle o where theyll fork out for a carton for you....after all youre doing society a favour

Ill just sit back with my unflavoured and watch the rest of you throw money at the (as FatMan has quite nicely put it) bucket mixers
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 13-01-17 at 01:10 PM.
    gert, CMB, AllyP and 2 others like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Mine used to be for my usual unflavoured"

$0.47

But now im using NTN, and with the new 1Lt bottle of VG from Aussie Evigs (bit more exxy with postage than normal):

$2.90

Im only using Nic/VG/DW these days

Luckily distilled water remains at its $0.001 cost (5%/1.5ml) per 30ml....$1,60 for 2 litres, ill be leaving that bottle to disley in my will

Its not just you, ejuice is the fricking inkjet ink of the vaping world, outrageous what some people pay for unicorn tears. I dont and didnt mind when i started, paying $8/$10 for a 15ml doubler, and the occasional 30ml singler of Jam Dizzle for $14 , but the purveyor of my favourite vape establishment i think knew quite early on i wouldnt be sniffing around the boutique unicorn tears stuff.

I tend to think theres quite a few people out there take their queues from reviewers who spruik unicorn tears flavours and people buy it because they want to feel l33t...p.s. i never want to feel l33t in any aspect of life....im not a follower

Theres a certain wank factor to some juices, like youre not cool if you havent ever had Pluid....i havent, my life in incomplete

Its almost as bad as those 3am infomercials about magical berries from the Sonoran desert that have bene used by the indigenous tribes for centuries, until some white guy with a marketing plan rocked up and "discovered it"

No juice ive ever heard of has actually been only found in one specific location on earth, growing as a moss on only rocks that face east...

My shackles get raised if i read the terms like "lovingly crafted" or "drizzled gently" when reading juice descriptions...its just some chunt with some bottles of flavours, a bucket and a measuring jug...i draw the line at "notes on the exhale" people. try and use sugary bs and you lose me right from the word go.

Take this description of Jam Dizzle: "This flavour is all about the mouth-filling cinnamon doughnut taste, with the sweetness of strawberry jam on the exhale.". Thats both enough, and my outer limit

The kind of hipster artisinal stuff needs to be stamped out before a need for a beard starts to creep in - NOTHING is worse than a vaping fricking hipster...feel free to shoot them on sight, the police will give you a pass, and a ride home to your door, via a bottle o where theyll fork out for a carton for you....after all youre doing society a favour

Ill just sit back with my unflavoured and watch the rest of you throw money at the (as FatMan has quite nicely put it) bucket mixers
    Pmsl

Oh and good point about NTN - I will need to do a new costing to allow for it.
    stylemessiah likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Around 1 cent per ml for my unflavoured @ 6mg

Juice vendors must make a killing, no wonder every man and his dog are getting into it lol

AVF Regular
    About 60c-$1 per 4mg 30ml, most of the cost is flavours(3-4 flavours per 30ml) I bought some pre-made as a treat and 30ml cost me $15 without nic from ve(pug life is sooo good!)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast