Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Crisscross
  • 3 Post By singlefished
  • 1 Post By The Sodd

Thread: Who likes cloning?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Who likes cloning?

Hey guys!
    Who here likes to try clone certain eJuice flavours they have had!?
    I've only just started to look into it and I think I might give it a try!
    But I was wondering, has anyone here ever had/tried cloning Blueberry Waffleious - Waffleman?
    It's a great flavour for those whom haven't tried it.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinky Joey View Post
    Hey guys!
    Who here likes to try clone certain eJuice flavours they have had!?
    I've only just started to look into it and I think I might give it a try!
    But I was wondering, has anyone here ever had/tried cloning Blueberry Waffleious - Waffleman?
    It's a great flavour for those whom haven't tried it.
    Have you tried searching the eliquid recipe forums, if its popular then they will have done the hard work for you. If you are making it for sale you might want to try and get the concentrates in bulk.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Is this blueberry waffle stuff going to be one of the juices you are planning on selling?

Quote Originally Posted by Slinky Joey View Post
    Hey! I've just recently decided I really want to start selling my ejuice (locally for now).

I've only really though of selling the eJuice I haven't followed any recipe for, although some juices have probably been created annomously but I wanted to try this one just for the fun and give away lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Have you tried searching the eliquid recipe forums, if its popular then they will have done the hard work for you. If you are making it for sale you might want to try and get the concentrates in bulk.
    I'll give them a look! Maybe find something good!

AVF Regular
    Slinky,
    There are a lot of clone sites and clone forums out there (which is a great help !) but sometimes it pays to buy the smallest amount (of the juice you are interested in) first in order to try it. You will find that it can save you a lot of time and money in the long run and a lot of vendors have cheap sample packs. I don't know how many times I've thought "that sounds great", then discovered it was shite or not my cup of tea. It also helps to sort out what "style" or flavour profile you like.

For example, my main go to or profiles are the custards, cakes and sweets, some with a bit of fruit flavours thrown in e;g; strawberry custard/milkshake. When it comes to stand alone fruits I'm more into the berries and of course I love the anniseed. So if I stay with my main profiles I can vary them a heck of a lot and still have nice juice. When I look for clones, it's the clones that are some sort of variation or along the same lines of my profiles.

If I had of just bought the concentrates to clone without trying the original then I would have had nothing to judge the clone against, as well as a heap of concentrates that may not have ended up being used. Also, if you study the juice lines from the boutique vendors, you can see they only offer appx 6-12 ejuices in their range and as such have really honed the flavours to get the best result. After a while, most DIY'ers end up with about the same number of favourites too which saves money, time and effort.

From experience, I also suspect that at least half of the clones out there on the net were put together by people that have not even mixed them up and tried them.
    Just my thoughts.
    Cheers
    Sodd
    Cat likes this.