Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Noob Q: mixing nicotine to get the right strength

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Noob Q: mixing nicotine to get the right strength

Alrighty, so am new to vaping and loving it. Kicked the smokes and all is going well..........that is until the chick I buy the nicotine from runs out! So this has led me to here, I'd like to save some money and rely on myself to get the nicotine sorted. Basic run down I'm using a double concentrate flavour in 15ml and I'm aim to vape at 8mg so I need to dilute/mix the nicotine down to 16mg before it gets blended with my flavour, so this is what I've been able to work out so far. If anyone can help with recommendations of where to buy and what to buy that'd be great I've had a look at some of the apps available on android and facing some confusion on the calculations so any help in that regards would be awesome..........thanks in advance
    Last edited by willjones09; 01-02-17 at 07:01 PM.

AVF Regular
    Hey wil welcome the most efficient way to get your target nic lvl is to buy 100mg nic from a suplyer.
    Hiliq/china (alot of us here use their nic). Nude nicotine (American fantastic nic but a touch on the pricey side). Mixologyvape(across the ditch in nz quality is good) fast should get to you in a few days. Then also go to your Local brick and mortar vape store get your self some vg and pg. After that its pretty easy to make a 100ml 16mg mix just add 16ml of 100mg nic to 84 ml of vg/pg at your desired % and you will have 100ml of 16mg nic base to add to your doubler to get to your 8mg target.
    Ps get your nic in pg it lasts longer
    Pps use a juice calculator or just ask if you're still not sure.
    fabricator4 likes this.

Thanks Danny that was so simple, what's with the pg/vg % is there a general rule of thumb or is it simply per your own preference?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Generally your own preference a good place to start is 50/50 pg/vg. Pg is a flavor carrier and gives you throat hit. Vg is for more vapor.
    So if your nic is in pg to get 100ml of 50/50 you will mix 50ml vg/34ml pg and 16ml of your nic which is in pg.
    You will also need some 50ml amber glass bottles for storing your 100mg nic long term in the freezer as you dont want to be opening the nic all the time. Thier is a big thread about nic storage. Ill try to find it for you.
    fabricator4, Sully and willjones09 like this.

AVF Regular
    fabricator4, Sully and willjones09 like this.

Sweet thanks for that, some good info there also do I get the vg and pg from the same places? If not where can I find them?

AVF Regular
    You will need to find your closest brick and mortar vaping store( not online ) they will have both in stock and plus plenty of other goodies to have a look at. If you can't get to a store you can by it online from any vaping supplyer. But you will have to pay postage. Vaporeyes / vapeking /grumpy vapes/the steamery are just a few to mention among the many. If you put your location in profile i would be glad to help you find a b&m store close by hopefully.
    willjones09 likes this.

I just tried messaging you Danny, sorry first time using this app, anyway I'm supposed to select 100% pg. Is that right?

I'm quite new to vaping too and found the easiest method is to buy the ready to vape juice, and just add the right amount of nic. I vape at 3mg, so its 0.9ml of nic to a 30ml bottle. Simple, and no need for pg/vg shenanigans..

*Edit: Here's the chart i used from the HiLiq site:
    Last edited by JBucks; 02-02-17 at 03:06 PM.
    gert and willjones09 like this.

Jbucks is that 100mg/ml or 200mg/ml

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast