Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Whats the best coffee concentrate?

AVF Regular

Whats the best coffee concentrate?

The main compound used in coffee flavorings is sulfurol, except TPA's espresso. TPA's espresso has a a very different aroma compared to most other coffees. Personally, I found it too sweet and vanilla-ish for my liking.

Ive tried about 10 different coffee concentrates over the years, and they always end up being too pungent, or "sulfuric tasting".

The concentrates are great for making foods. I use them to make chocolates (coffee flavour with white chocolote is very delicious).

But I think when using them as ejuice flavouring, the heat from an atomiser kills the suflurol, possibly converting it into other substances.

Diluting the concentrates for ejuice mixing only gave a watered down taste - but the pungent-ness was still present which possibly supports my theory that sulfurol is broken down in the heating process.

Is it even possible to make a good coffee vape?

What's a successful coffee recipe have you made?
    Last edited by PurpleVapes; 19-02-17 at 09:26 PM.

AVF Regular
    ground coffee beans covered with PG for a couple of weeks and strained twice through coffee filters placed in a funnel
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    ground coffee beans covered with PG for a couple of weeks and strained twice through coffee filters placed in a funnel
    Interesting.

I have plenty of ground cofee that I use in my dripper coffee maker.

Can I just use this, and strain it through my coffee filter?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Interesting.

I have plenty of ground cofee that I use in my dripper coffee maker.

Can I just use this, and strain it through my coffee filter?
    Yep

Gunks coils. Nice vape though

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    MrGruffy and PurpleVapes like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    You must know by now, that I make my own coffee flavourings. It's been in several messages.

Grimmgreen recently had a blast at someone who put instructions (which I haven't looked at) on youtube. He was basing this on his experience as a coffee roaster and seeing the gunk that was left plastered around from the roasting process that had to be cleaned up weekly. He completely misses the point that as a coffee roaster himself, he was also breathing all that stuff with no ill effects.

I make 30ml of flavouring a year and use this in my ADV and a cafe latte. I don't use 30ml a year, but make fresh about every year. The amount of oils and gunk in the total amount are about the same at most as a couple of cups of coffee, probably much less, spread out over 12 months.

As usual, the poison is in the size of the dosage. Let me know if you are interested and I (or someone else) will dig up a link to one of the posts.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I haven't tried it from memory but I hear that Jungle Flavors is amazing. Think I got that from Fizzmustard over at ELR or Reddit.
    Helping smokers transition to vaping - Support for new vapers - DIY - The Vapers Table
    President-The New Nicotine Alliance AU

It's all about the juice..

Nicotine is not really addictive, it's all in your head

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    You must know by now, that I make my own coffee flavourings. It's been in several messages.

Grimmgreen recently had a blast at someone who put instructions (which I haven't looked at) on youtube. He was basing this on his experience as a coffee roaster and seeing the gunk that was left plastered around from the roasting process that had to be cleaned up weekly. He completely misses the point that as a coffee roaster himself, he was also breathing all that stuff with no ill effects.

I make 30ml of flavouring a year and use this in my ADV and a cafe latte. I don't use 30ml a year, but make fresh about every year. The amount of oils and gunk in the total amount are about the same at most as a couple of cups of coffee, probably much less, spread out over 12 months.

As usual, the poison is in the size of the dosage. Let me know if you are interested and I (or someone else) will dig up a link to one of the posts.
    Did a quick search and couldn't find the thread. Could you please dig it up? I have tried a few coffee concentrates and they're all bad. So making your own seems like the way to go.
    MrGruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisp View Post
    Did a quick search and couldn't find the thread. Could you please dig it up? I have tried a few coffee concentrates and they're all bad. So making your own seems like the way to go.
    This is one:
    Natural Coffee Essence
    (took me a little while to find it too) the whole thread is probably worth a read for examples of things to try.

Filtering through mesh and paper filters is essential, and you have to let some of the sediment drop out as well, makes it a little kinder on coils.

In my opinion it tastes best with a bit of Bavarian Cream and EM to bring it down a little, but everyone's tastes are different. It's the *only* DIY I use EM in.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    This is one:
    Natural Coffee Essence
    (took me a little while to find it too) the whole thread is probably worth a read for examples of things to try.

Filtering through mesh and paper filters is essential, and you have to let some of the sediment drop out as well, makes it a little kinder on coils.

In my opinion it tastes best with a bit of Bavarian Cream and EM to bring it down a little, but everyone's tastes are different. It's the *only* DIY I use EM in.
    Thanks for for finding it. What's your opinion in subbing sweetner instead of EM?

Edit: Turns out I have TFA Cotton Candy anyway.
    Last edited by Whisp; 05-03-17 at 05:16 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisp View Post
    Thanks for for finding it. What's your opinion in subbing sweetner instead of EM?

Edit: Turns out I have TFA Cotton Candy anyway.
    Yep, Cotton candy is just 10% em in PG, what most people think of as sweetener anyway.

Other sweeteners, well depends on what it is. Sucralose will just kill your coils even faster. Stevia I'm not sure about and supermarket varieties seem to be adulterated with other stuff anyway; someone please educate me if this is not the case. Sugars like sucralose and others based on some kind of sugar molecule may turn out to be some sort of issue regarding safety (no data yet as far as I know).

Just to point out in case, it's all still far safer than smoking. I'm in no way saying it's a serious issue or trying to make a thing about it. I personally do not want to use sucralose in my juices so it's a standard statement for the purposes of making an informed decision only. Occasional use is unlikely to be a serious concern 'In My Opinion'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast