Like Tree15Likes
  • 5 Post By CMB
  • 7 Post By Cams
  • 3 Post By 1ynne

Thread: Increasing nic strength

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Increasing nic strength

So I bought a great liquid that is 12mg, usually I prefer 16-18mg (was a super heavy smoker). I can't get that particular liquid in a higher nic content... can someone smarter than I help me work out the math to increase the strength... I haven't got any nic, but I'm looking at buying some. 100mg/ml sounds scary... so I'd prefer a lower ratio to mix in. Suggestions and answers welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Vd = ( Vo * ( Sf - So ) ) / ( Sd - Sf )

Vo = Volume Original (ml)
    So = Strength Original (mg/ml)
    Vd = Volume Delta (how much base you add) (ml)
    Sd = Strength of Delta (how strong is the base you're adding) (mg/ml)
    Sf = Strength Final (mg/ml)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by biggyG View Post
    So I bought a great liquid that is 12mg, usually I prefer 16-18mg (was a super heavy smoker). I can't get that particular liquid in a higher nic content... can someone smarter than I help me work out the math to increase the strength... I haven't got any nic, but I'm looking at buying some. 100mg/ml sounds scary... so I'd prefer a lower ratio to mix in. Suggestions and answers welcome!!

The trouble with using a lower strength nic base like 50mg will meean you have to add so much that it will dilute the flavour of the juice. With A stronger base you won't need as much to bring it up to 18mg.
    Or you could just vape 50% more to get the same outcome.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by biggyG View Post

There are plenty of sources where you can buy lower strength Nic, for example Mollinshop.com have it in 34mg/ml their bases are excellent or correct me if I am wrong, you should could try HiLiq.com and buy their flavorless nic bases in the strength you want and then add your own flavors. HiLiq are real speed freaks in shipping their orders I have been dealing with them for several years and never had a real problem. All of their stuff comes to me via DHL and I get it within a week. Just some suggestions and if the moderators do not mind PM me and I can tell you many more places where you can get what you want.

AVF Regular
    you would probably need Nicotine juice at 100mg/ml - this requires 1.8ml per 30ml to make 6mg and as you say you want three times this strength - you already have a juice mixed at 12mg - adding 1.8ml of unflavoured 100mg nic to 30 ml of flavoured 12mg - would roughly produce the level that you are after with minimal disruption to flavour...
    gert, Vaporific and Cat like this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.