Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Cutting nic levels from rtv

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Cutting nic levels from rtv

Im thinking about cutting the nic levels from 18mg to 9mg in some rtv i already have. I would just order some 12 mg, but i have 300ml of 18mg to go through first. i see that vapekings sells both products locally, is their stuff decent enough? i dont understand food grade vs pharma grade - they sell food grade btw.

im just vaping too much and need to cut the nicotine. im not having any issues physically, but mentally, im just calling myself out a bit. the whole point was to eventually ween off the nic, but i vape basically all day -- i like it tooo much.. im definitely getting more nicotine everyday compared to when i smoked the sticks... well im assuming anyway, i vape all day.

i also assumed adding equal parts of vg/pg would cut the nic in half and keep the mix 50/50 vg pg. am i right or is it more complex than that? im okay with losing flavor in the rtv liq by watering it down this go round.

so if i combine

1ml vg
    1ml pg
    2ml 18 mg 50/50 vg/pg

= 4ml 9mg 50/50 vg/pg ???

thanks
    Last edited by darth vaperz; 05-04-17 at 01:06 AM.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    so if i combine

1ml vg
    1ml pg
    2ml 18 mg 50/50 vg/pg

Yes !!!
    you have got the nic right,
    but with half the flavouring.
    (Note: in the case of FM's Yak-Fat Juice, is a good thing!)

You can also try:

Has inbuilt recipes
    darth vaperz likes this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    or just buy the same juice with 0mg Nic and dilute 1 in 2 if you don't want to affect the flavour. Saves you buying PG and VG if you only have one juice to modify

AVF Regular
    Just a different perspective. You write that you are having no having any issues physically, but mentally you are wanting to cut down nicotine.
    Why?
    There are many myths and misconceptions wrapped up with vaping, one of them is nicotine is bad for you. The only (ONLY!!!) way to addict a mammal to nicotine is via smoking, turns out vaping liquid nic isn't addicting. In most studies it shows up as a benefit, memory and mental health benefits at the cost of a small increase in pulse rate.

TLDR: Vape the juice you have.

Leave a small amount. Buy some of your target strength and vape that, saving your stronger (current) juice for when/if you get the urge. I started on 36mg/ml and use 5 mg/ml now mostly.

gert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cpvaps View Post
    or just buy the same juice with 0mg Nic and dilute 1 in 2 if you don't want to affect the flavour. Saves you buying PG and VG if you only have one juice to modify
    5 juice flavors and a pg heavy 6th i want to cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    Yes !!!
    you have got the nic right,
    but with half the flavouring.
    (Note: in the case of FM's Yak-Fat Juice, is a good thing!)

thanks.

You can also try:

Has inbuilt recipes
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Just a different perspective. You write that you are having no having any issues physically, but mentally you are wanting to cut down nicotine.
    Why?
    There are many myths and misconceptions wrapped up with vaping, one of them is nicotine is bad for you. The only (ONLY!!!) way to addict a mammal to nicotine is via smoking, turns out vaping liquid nic isn't addicting. In most studies it shows up as a benefit, memory and mental health benefits at the cost of a small increase in pulse rate.

TLDR: Vape the juice you have.

Leave a small amount. Buy some of your target strength and vape that, saving your stronger (current) juice for when/if you get the urge. I started on 36mg/ml and use 5 mg/ml now mostly.

addictive or not, the body can become dependant on anything wouldnt you say? mental vices and perhaps some easily formed physical dependencies on nic, even if the lab can prove its 'non addictive'. they are two different terms for sure. people become dependant on caffeine, though its not addicting? also one could be addicted to the serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine etc etc the body produces during such an act?

i know im nic dependant, its why i buy nic juice and not the non nic versions -- im honest with myself. i have nic free juice from the first time i ran out of nic juice, it didnt help one bit. i had to smoke cigs until my juice came in. the original goal was to stop being dependant on smokes, but now i dont want to have to be dependant on vape. its the first thing i do when i wake and last thing i do before i sleep -- much like cigs were.

this 18 mg stuff is a step down from the last year of 24mg, i just want to step down quicker.

also, nic is a poison, and can actually effect the body with other issues. do you actually believe it to be 100% safe? and while vape is considered safer than smoking, does anyone really know the long term effects? at one point cigs were marketed and endorsed by doctors.... 4 out of 5 blah blah blah prefer camels to whatever. im no scientist, im not running experiments.
    Last edited by darth vaperz; 05-04-17 at 07:50 PM.
    MrGruffy and ermoon2 like this.

AVF Regular
    Nothing wrong with cutting down your nic.

Go for it i say.

AVF Regular
    to be honest there are probably more 'dangers' in flavoured juices than in unflavoured nic/pg/vg.... if your are vaping too frequently, I would suspect not enough nicotine in your juices.. the equation between what you smoked and mg of nic in juices is less than accurate.. but there is a formula.. someone will provide it I am sure... I know my constant vaping annoyed me until I understood that.. then I upped my nic..but started vaping unflavoured.. or with juice a touch of flavour.. and .. life changed... I went from 12mg to 6mg (constant vaping) to 9mg.... and now back to 6mg.. so it was conscious.. and deliberate..but achievable
    gert, MrGruffy, ermoon2 and 1 others like this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Another perspective would be to up the nic and vape less
    The nic will be higher but you may vape less

In an ideal world there would be no smoking or vaping or patches gums etc
    This isn't the case

As a harm minimisation tool though the less that's used is better

As an example I've been vaping almost 5 years now and did the usual cut the nic over time but found myself vaping more
    I have kept the same nic level for a while and on average a 30ml bottle lasts me a month
    MrGruffy and Mistic Lady like this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by darth vaperz View Post
    Im thinking about cutting the nic levels from 18mg to 9mg in some rtv i already have. I would just order some 12 mg, but i have 300ml of 18mg to go through first. i see that vapekings sells both products locally, is their stuff decent enough? i dont understand food grade vs pharma grade - they sell food grade btw.

im just vaping too much and need to cut the nicotine. im not having any issues physically, but mentally, im just calling myself out a bit. the whole point was to eventually ween off the nic, but i vape basically all day -- i like it tooo much.. im definitely getting more nicotine everyday compared to when i smoked the sticks... well im assuming anyway, i vape all day.

i also assumed adding equal parts of vg/pg would cut the nic in half and keep the mix 50/50 vg pg. am i right or is it more complex than that? im okay with losing flavor in the rtv liq by watering it down this go round.

so if i combine

1ml vg
    1ml pg
    2ml 18 mg 50/50 vg/pg

thanks
    Well,if you have to vape all day to get the nic you need without any ill affects as you stated, what's the point in reducing the nic??? Vape all day and night?
    I see no point in that. Up the nic and vape less as Brian said.
    gert and MrGruffy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    Another perspective would be to up the nic and vape less
    The nic will be higher but you may vape less

In an ideal world there would be no smoking or vaping or patches gums etc
    This isn't the case

As a harm minimisation tool though the less that's used is better

As an example I've been vaping almost 5 years now and did the usual cut the nic over time but found myself vaping more
    I have kept the same nic level for a while and on average a 30ml bottle lasts me a month
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistic Lady View Post
    Well,if you have to vape all day to get the nic you need without any ill affects as you stated, what's the point in reducing the nic??? Vape all day and night?
    I see no point in that. Up the nic and vape less as Brian said.
    its not that easy for me. I work at home im my office all day. sooo theres zero restrictions in place for me not to vape, other than my conscious choice not to. with cigs, i had to at least walk outside. more nic would just mean vaping more nic. i vaped 24mg all day, now its 18mg all day ----- soon to be 9-12mg all day. oh i vape past the nic levels i need for sure... but eh...

i ordered some vg/pg and 3 flavors. i will see how 12 mg goes first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast