• 2 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 3 Post By Schtoo
  • 2 Post By Snidely_Whiplash
  • 2 Post By Schtoo
  • 2 Post By singlefished

Thread: Just tried cleaning out TVF8 Coil with hot water

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Just tried cleaning out TVF8 Coil with hot water

Just cleaned out my TVF8 coil in a sauce pan for 5 minutes in boiling water, cleaned it nicely but water still in coil got most of it out, but still a little wet, can I vape with it being a little damp?. I ve actually tried vaping with it, flavor is good but wondering about in haling water into lungs.....although probably better them buying a pckt of cancer sticks. New coils arrive tomorrow

any thoughts and comments would be awesome....a little new to this
    G-Drop

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Excess water should burn off really fast if you dry fire it once before putting juice in. But realistically damp coils probably arnt a big deal. They just wont soak up as much juice when you refill your tank the 1st time cause the wick will already be partially soaked in water and water will burn off really fast before any vapour gets to your lungs. No doubt there is water in Vg and Pg anyway so i wouldnt worry.
    GingerDrop likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Hold the coil so the juice/wick slots are unobstructed & put your finger over the top of the coil to seal it off, then blow through the bottom of the coil & a lot of that water will come out of the wick slots.
    Add some juice to soak the coil & repeat the above, that will bring out almost all of the water & leave you with a coil that won't taste bad when you first vape with it.
    fabricator4, em2024 and GingerDrop like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerDrop View Post
    Just cleaned out my TVF8 coil in a sauce pan for 5 minutes in boiling water, cleaned it nicely but water still in coil got most of it out, but still a little wet, can I vape with it being a little damp?. I ve actually tried vaping with it, flavor is good but wondering about in haling water into lungs.....although probably better them buying a pckt of cancer sticks. New coils arrive tomorrow

G-Drop
    ???

Ever been in the bathroom? The kitchen? A sauna? If yes, you've inhaled water vapour.

No big deal, maybe a few millilitres of steam and it's probably better for you than what's normally running through the coils, as in PG, VG, etc.

Just make sure you don't run that coil 'damp' without it also having liquid behind it. That water will boil off real fast and there's a very real chance of burning the wicking if there's no liquid at the coil/wicking.

I get out what I can, prime the coil with liquid and then put the coil back in and fill the tank. First few toots are steam but it starts working as it should pretty quickly. You say it's working well, then I expect all is well in your cleaned coil.

Stu.
    GingerDrop likes this.

AVF Regular
    Completly off topic - but reminded me of some things about farts

Humans on average fart out about half a litre a day of gasses

When you smell a fart you are also inhaling poop particles

Technically although very harmless farting can kill - but it would take alot of doing essentially because you are breathing the oxygen out of the farts- it would take a few people farting to be able to achieve the death of someone

Sniffing farts is good for you and can help decrease the chances of a few potential fatal maladies

Why did I think of this?

Cause the chances of drowning like dying from the smell of farts from the steam of the water is negligible on a boiling pot

There is no study anywhere showing that anyone has ever died from the smell of nicotine in water vapor - for this to happen you would either have to have an allergy to water or nicotine - and since you have been smoking and prolly drinking water am assuming this is not a bother

nicotine has alot of known health benefits - but as with farting if you overdose on inhaling its not good - but would take like alot of doing

As to damp coils - yep its doable and water tends to burn off pretty fast

Anyhows- carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerDrop View Post
    but wondering about in haling water into lungs.....although probably better them buying a packt of cancer sticks.

G-Drop
    singlefished and rockmoose like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    There was a case a few years ago of a fellow in England who pulled a dutch oven on his wife and killed her. From what I recall, the oxygen was displaced under the covers and she suffocated.

Not a nice way to go at all I'd expect.

Stu.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    It seems that my baked bean & cabbage diet,
    may not be as dangerous as previously thought.
    Man dies in his sleep,
    from breathing in his own farts?

- False

Anyhows - carry on!

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    It seems that my baked bean & cabbage diet,
    may not be as dangerous as previously thought.
    Man dies in his sleep,
    from breathing in his own farts?

- False

Anyhows - carry on!
    To counter;

Husband Convicted Of Manslaughter After Dutch Oven Goes "Horribly Wrong" | The Ronson Writer

About as honest and unbiased* as snopes is.

Stu.

*I've checked into some of their 'truths' and found them nothing of the sort. A small taint affects all it's in contact with...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Completly off topic....

As to damp coils - yep its doable and water tends to burn off pretty fast
    I'd have a damp coil before putting my hand up for a damp fart