Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Wrong post code entered on my order

AVF Regular

Wrong post code entered on my order

Waiting for an order from Nude and noticed that the wrong post code has been entered on the address when I checked their email that it's been sent.
    So thats the end of that order.. what happens next, should I advise them?
    Hope there isnt trouble ahead, this is awful.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    Waiting for an order from Nude and noticed that the wrong post code has been entered on the address when I checked their email that it's been sent.
    So thats the end of that order.. what happens next, should I advise them?
    Hope there isnt trouble ahead, this is awful.
    Contact Australia Post and give them the tracking number. They should be able to do a redirect on it, but it may need to have a failed delivery on it first - at final sort probably. You should be OK though it may cause a bit of a delay.

Edit: check the tracking on it daily, though international tracking numbers still don't work very well as far as the Austpost site is concerned.

If it's coming by courier they probably won't even notice, I doubt most of them use the postcode for routing.
    gert likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    If you gave them the correct post code, then it's their mistake & if your order doesn't arrive because of it, then they should compensate you.
    I would definitely contact them & let them know right away, they may be able to contact the postal service & have the package returned to them or something, so they can send it out again with the correct address or they may choose to wait until it has been delivered to the wrong/right address, before taking action or they may just immediately send a second package.
    gert likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Contact Australia Post and give them the tracking number. They should be able to do a redirect on it, but it may need to have a failed delivery on it first - at final sort probably. You should be OK though it may cause a bit of a delay.

Edit: check the tracking on it daily, though international tracking numbers still don't work very well as far as the Austpost site is concerned.

If it's coming by courier they probably won't even notice, I doubt most of them use the postcode for routing.
    What Fab said also:
    Tracking from the US is pretty useless, unless it's with DHL etc.
    Post Codes are not the only info used to determine delivery address, if the town/suburb does not match the post code, then they will check the street address to determine which suburb it should go to, which is why I said in my above post that Nude may wait to see if it is delivered to the right/wrong address.
    gert likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    No it's my mistake--
    it's coming by courier, was in transit on the 5th so I will contact them now.
    didnt check my emails either,
    thanks for the help guys,
    Last edited by gert; 19-04-17 at 11:15 AM.

AVF Regular
    Couriers are "usually" clever enough to look at the Suburb and State realise the postcode is wrong and amend on their own.
    Aussie post on the other hand can be hit and miss, if your suburb name is the only one in the country usually no issues if your suburb is like Richmond then yeah problem not having correct post code.
    gert likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hi Chris.
    Yes the wrong postcode I put in is in the same state/city, that might help. The package was sent prority mail international, USPS
    but I have no idea which courier service would be picking it up this end,
    wish I knew I would contact them.
    Last edited by gert; 19-04-17 at 10:56 AM.

AVF Regular
    Latest tracking, it says Processed through facility 19/4/
    whatever "facility" means,
    I emailed Nude but they are probably still tucked up in bed.

AVF Regular
    I really hope you receive it Gert, I lost a order because of the wrong post code - In theory it should have been sent back to the Supplier but I had no luck. It was WTA. I think with nude nic you will have a better chance of at least getting a refund if it ends back with them.
    gert and DogMan like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    Hi Chris.
    Yes the wrong postcode I put in is in the same state/city, that might help. The package was sent prority mail international, USPS
    but I have no idea which courier service would be picking it up this end,
    wish I knew I would contact them.
    That's post - USPS is United States Postal Service. Not to be confused with UPS the courier company that I think started life as United Parcel Service.

USPS tracking is notoriously unreliable - they most often scan it as in destination country usually before it's actually left the originating one. What I would do is log on to Australia Post and lodge an undelivered parcel query on their customer service help system. Explain the problem and give the tracking number. They will be able to tell you if it's cleared customs and what the status is. If it hasn't already been returned they will be able to redirect it. You should get a reply within one working day.

Don't panic, it will probably be good. USPS stuff can take ages to get through customs and then get sorted through Austpost.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 19-04-17 at 11:24 AM.
    Noe, gert, AllyP and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast